Nomad Key Board Support

Jack Norflus

i thought about this but velcro is a noisy thing i 'd prefer to avoid and the keyboard being in front of the bag it would be very expose to anyone bumping into me wich append quit often in wild field situation..

a shortut to lock the keyboard would be the best solution imo..

or maybe a wireless keyboard with an on/off switch..

My wireless keyboard is with on off switch... And switching on and off anytime is not a problem...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by fatfatjames

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wireless keyboard is with on off switch... And switching on and off anytime is not a problem...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great info James! Looks like problem solved! Thanks a lot !

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

Jack , or anyone that already used the keyboard for a bag job , how do you deal with the eventuality of the keyboard launching something by itself while in the bag? We all have once let our phone in our pocket without locking it and been amaze by the result..

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

I spoke to howy about this and he is adding a lock unlock featue.

Does anybody have any suggestions for small usb keyboards? I remember some talk about this here years ago but can't find the threads now...

Not sure what's working with the Nomad, but I remember seeing somebody (Scott Farr?) using what was intended as a wrist mount keyboard with a 788T.

Offhand L3 and Cherry do, or did, make small keyboards like that. L3 stuff is usually pretty expensive. Some of their gear is intended for soldiers in combat or outdoor all-weather kiosks.

I think the Nomad implementation is probably a little different, but with the Fusion I had good luck with a $9 house brand "compact" keyboard (no number pad, but full sized keys) from Microcenter. It wasn't something bag friendly, but is perfect on my cart.

Jack , or anyone that already used the keyboard for a bag job , how do you deal with the eventuality of the keyboard launching something by itself while in the bag? We all have once let our phone in our pocket without locking it and been amaze by the result..

Got some software from Howy tonight to test it has a keyboard lock/unlock feature.

• 3 months later...

I got the same keyboard as James through Amazon, with German key layout though.  Specified RT-MWK01+, Layout DE.

Unfortunately I can't get it to work  with my Nomad.  The keyboard is working with both my computers here, though.

I haven't had the chance though, to test my nomad with another keyboard, to see whether it's a problem with the Nomad.

Yes it have changed...

I tested 2 different wireless keyboard and it is working not at all fussy with the brand of keyboard... so far my keyboards are wifi version...
y7ajava8.jpg
ega3emum.jpg

With wireless keyboards, you have to make sure you get pre-paired keyboards and dongles. If the wireless keyboard you are trying to use needs to be paired or configured with the dongle, it will not work with Nomad from my experience.

I know it may sound obvious, but also make sure that the keyboard is fully charged.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

To revive this thread - Jack your links to the keyboard on Newegg are dead. Want to buy a wireless keyboard. I have a Nomad that is USB ready, Linux Dec 21, software 7.2

Don’t want to use a Dongle if I can avoid it.

I like the Favi keyboard below. Will it work? It is a 2.4Ghz.

Will an Apple wireless keyboard work?

TIA

Stacy Brownrigg

61rePKmXaTL._SL1000_.jpg

It doesn't work via the Nomads 2.4Ghz/Zaxnet. You will have to use a dongle. The dongle that comes with the Rii keyboards are low profile (as are most these days). It sticks out less then the TC BNC connector directly above it.