Some more new accessories from Orca

Hi again here are a few other items we have in development for our bag line. Please keep in mind that these are still working prototypes and we are still fine tuning and making changes. Please feel free to give any feed back you may have to help us improve our products to make you life better.

Below are images of our OR-35 Rain cover and our OR-36 travel cover which ws designed to keep rain, snow, dust and dirt off your bag and gear when you are on traveling. 

Thanks

post-10387-0-57601200-1404490258_thumb.j

post-10387-0-05094100-1404490272_thumb.j

post-10387-0-40614000-1404490279_thumb.j

Does the OR-35 rain cover stay attached to the harness in a rolled up or "stowed away" form when not in use? If so, that would be awesome. I'd like to have a rain cover that was ready to go at a moments notice like that.

Chris

Can you please elaborate on this.

Something similar to the PD337 - a mate has one in blue -so guess it's the previous model. Might be the PCTB-3.

I'm after something that has wheels, storage (now that li-ion batteries have to go as carry on when I fly) and will fit in airline carry-on specs.

I believe pelican is about to release a light weight case that fits this bill.

Thx

Edited by chris_bollard

I rather have a poncho. Rain protection that attach to the harness is a pain...

I think the reverse of this, I have a perc which is dead easy to attach and leave hanging on one side if the rain stops but might start again.

The poncho I have is ok for very heavy persistent rain, but it's transparent window steams up, it's more difficult to access things, and it's overkill for showers.

+1, especially to the elastic openings/"glove-sleeves" on each side.

...make it +2 !

Like Rado, using the poncho now and I don't think it's hard to manage but if a company was to make that kind of cover I'd buy it in a snap cause I'd slip it in the bag to have it permanently at hand .

I have both (perc apron and the poncho) - I was given the poncho as part of a deal when I bought a bag. I have never used the poncho in the rain (only tried it out for size [emoji1]) - if there is any chance of rain I have the apron with me every time.

I find the poncho too big, too hard to work under and generally too hot. If the rain is more than the apron can handle I get out of the rain or use an umbrella; but I get that opinions vary about what is more comfortable.

Edited by chris_bollard

• 1 month later...

I rather have a poncho. Rain protection that attach to the harness is a pain...

So I got one of the rain covers (for free, courtesy of a Gotham Sound promotion), and they do not attach to the harness. Instead, they are more like aprons. There's an adjustable light thin strap that you put around your neck, and the rain cover comes down over your body and bag as an apron. What Orca has done is place a locking mechanism in the edges of the cover, so that you can wrap it around your bag and secure it. My biggest criticism would be that accessing the bag with it on is not that easy.

I too, however, prefer a poncho that covers me as well, not just the bag.

JF: " My biggest criticism would be that accessing the bag with it on is not that easy. "

OK, and what would your smaller criticisms be ?

well,  at least you didn't pay for it; OTOH, guess you can't take it back and get a refund...

Edited by studiomprd

JF: " My biggest criticism would be that accessing the bag with it on is not that easy. "

OK, and what would your smaller criticisms be ?

well,  at least you didn't pay for it; OTOH, guess you can't take it back and get a refund...

Just my opinion Senator Mike, nothing more, but I'll bite: there isn't really other criticisms, as the item just doesn't really suit my needs. I may not be able to get a refund for it (not that I was looking for a refund) but I could likely sell it. Maybe someone has a different opinion and prefers this type of rain protection.