Wisycom US and abroad users

Edmond Smith

Hello everyone,

As we know a new face in the wireless stage is in town and some of us in the family has given it a home here in these United States.

SO I would like to form this thread for us US users and those abroad to share our experiences and help troubleshoot whatever problems we may have and answer any questions that may arise.

Hopefully we can avoid any problems in the field, but when we do we will know how to fix them before anyone has to "hold for Sound."

Thank you!

Not a Wisycom user here, but just have a general question: When using a Wisycom receiver paired with say Lectro SMQVs, does the Rx allow you to operate your SMQVs in 400 mode or do you have to have them on some funky compatibility setting?

I am trying to make my bag setup smaller, and although an SRb would be the likely candidate in this case, I would like true dual diversity alongside broadband operation, and the SRb has neither of those things.

The Wisycom and Lectrosonics will work together, but it is through Sennheiser HyDyn Plus compatibility modes. Set the Wisycom to ENR mode and the Lectrosonics to Mode 3. You sacrifice some sound quality but will get the benefit of true diversity for both receivers.

James from New Endian has added Wisycom MTP40S transmitters in US Bands 1 & 3 to the "TX Types" menu of his very useful FreqFinder app (iOS & Android).  I should note that he was kind enough to do this within an hour or so of my email requesting he add them.  Thank you James!  

The Wisycom and Lectrosonics will work together, but it is through Sennheiser HyDyn Plus compatibility modes. Set the Wisycom to ENR mode and the Lectrosonics to Mode 3. You sacrifice some sound quality but will get the benefit of true diversity for both receivers.

There's also a SEN compatibility mode on the wisycom - HiDyn+

Well that's cool until you're on a show and working with other mixers, and you all need to receive signal from common transmitters. What a bummer, I was hoping they could accept lectro 400 compatibility.

Someone on one of the facebook groups a while back that's based near the wisycom factory said they've made this work.  I'm not sure how happy lectrosonics' legal dept would be with one of their competitors using their patented process, though...

TBH, I find the sennheiser evolution emulation the most useful- I seem to find most jobs involving a PA system have them, and you can just tune in

James from New Endian has added Wisycom MTP40S transmitters in US Bands 1 & 3 to the "TX Types" menu of his very useful FreqFinder app (iOS & Android).  I should note that he was kind enough to do this within an hour or so of my email requesting he add them.  Thank you James!  

James is a great guy, very responsive and very prompt. My experience too. Thank you Sir. 

You are very welcome

I think you should set the Wysicom to the Senny mode.

in EU they call it Senny ?

BTW, there were a couple of WISYCOM users at a great little forum at TREW LAX yesterday, and the information was great...

sometimes basic, and frequently technical, and quite comprehensive.  of course, as it was straight from the manufacturer!

I believe it may have been recorded..?

BTW, there were a couple of WISYCOM users at a great little forum at TREW LAX yesterday, and the information was great...

sometimes basic, and frequently technical, and quite comprehensive. of course, as it was straight from the manufacturer!

I believe it may have been recorded..?

I hope so, would love to see it.