Schoeps Individualized Microphones

VASI

10511313_886584481370686_180823182303899

Our microphones are available in their standard colors (usually gray or nickel) as well as in many special color at a low additional fee. We regularly do special colors due to certain customer demands.

From Schoeps Facebook page

well, looking at a few SuperCMIT's that were used for a short time period - when i got mine, i did something i think was smart - i cut up strips of 'cell phone screen guard' and put them in the two places the rycote invision would be when it is holding the mic. 

Whether in a gag or not is not the problem - it is the number of times you take the suspension like a rycote invision on and off. of course rycote have a newer version that has softer insides. but am i going to have to 'upgrade' to these when i have perfectly working invisions ? maybe not, at least not immediately. 

50 days of shoot - the mics are in pristine condition. number of times they have come on and off the invisions - maybe 50 times, maybe more. who knows, nobody's counting... :)

-vin

Can't see the point really as they must spend over 90% of their time inside a windgag. Usual disclaimers start here please!

I'm guessing these color options are useful for live music recording gigs where the mics are visible and color may matter a little more... note that the mics they're showing are CCM 4.

But I want orange. Or rhinestone. Wouldn't you love to see a CMIT5U dressed like this?

microphone2.png

JF: " I'm guessing these color options are useful for live music recording gigs where the mics are visible and color may matter a little more. "

probably more likely for identification, either visible, or not...

let's say Bexel wants to add 50 to their rental inventory in a "Bexel Blue"...

or for news image-identity (like flags and wind screens)...