New Quantum Batteries from Duracell

Whit Norris

Hey everyone,

John Cyphers from Batteries Plus has just given myself and a few other Atlanta sound folks some new batteries to check out. AA's is what I received to check out. My test were very basic I carried 3 transmitters around with me all day unit the batteries died.

I'm hoping Larry Fisher and the gang in New Mexico has already tested them and may have more info on these than I do.

My test were just on SMQV's with a Sanken COS 11 attached.

SMQV 250mw 6:10 minutes

SMQV 100mw 9:30 minutes

SMQV 50mw 10:20 minutes

A note that the power did turn RED for the last several hours or more of each transmitter. 

John does not have a price at this time but it will be coming soon. He did send me the specs which I am attaching to this post. 

Whit

QU1500_US_UL.pdf

As I here from others who had samples to test, maybe they will post here also or I will add it.

I bought a 20 pack of the Quantum last year to use for a shoot with my 302.  They seemed impressive, but no detailed run-time account.  Certainly lasted longer than standard alkaline batt.s. As I recall they were (and still are I beleive), $13.99/20 pack at the NY/NJ Shoprite grocery stores. Don't have any idea what that works out to in terms of mA/h per $.

Hi Whit,

Thanks for the input and glad to see your results track the previous tests. We are shipping all transmitters, except the single battery SMv, with the Quantum cells. They are very cost effective and I would like to see more people using them. We are seeing about a 15% premium over standard alkalines. This is a real bargain. YMMV.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

• 4 months later...