INTRODUCING 

THE Tig Q28

The Most Incredibly Small Timecode Generator

Only 1.9 oz and 2.8 cubic inches

post-9519-0-24974900-1406844015_thumb.jp

Introductory Price $439

Pre-orders are being now being taken.

Shipping to begin Monday of next week (8/4/14).  

KEY FEATURES

NEW “Show” Position - This setting shows the current timecode in hours and minutes. 

High Level Accuracy Design - The Q28 has the same high quality TCXO (.5 ppm) and software as the Tig.

Variable Timecode Output Level - Works well with all cameras and smart devices due to the 15 adjustable settings between 20mV and 3V.

Flow Through Audio - It has an additional 1/8” connector that will combine audio & timecode into a single output.  This allows the Tig to work well with  devices that do not have timecode inputs (i.e. DSLR’s). 

LED Indicator - The LED shows many things including “low battery”, battery depleted, and if the unit is jamming. It also evaluates the incoming timecode rate and notifies the user if it is cross-jammed.  

Supports All Standard Frame Rates -  23.976, 24 25, 29.97, 29.97DF, 30, 30DF.

Long Battery Life - Two AAA batteries will support 16 hours of run time.

Durable Design - The chassis is made from aluminum with a center support beam through the case.  Batteries are housed in a battery tube and will remain secure even when dropped.

Incredible Small Size  & Lightweight - It weighs only 1.9 oz and 2.8 cubic inches, (size:0 .5” x 2.125” x 2.625”).

Mounting brackets - Optional mounting brackets are currently being tested and will be available soon.

Connectors - There are 3 connectors on the Q28.  There is one 1/8” connector that is for the audio input.  The second 1/8” connector is for either jam input, tc only output, or “flow through audio”.  The Lemo 5 pin is for either jam input or tc only output.

Made and Serviced in the U.S. with a Two Year Warranty 

post-9519-0-28262100-1406843953_thumb.jp

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks,

We did not plan on making another timecode device so soon but were approached by Zoic Studios to see if we could make it smaller.  They wanted to use it with their new "Zeus" system.  The Q28 was first  presented at the "Director's Guild of America" Digital Day last Saturday. 

Laurie, this is looking great! The perfect product at the right price, especially for those looking for an ultra-small accurate TC sync box. I was getting very close to buying the larger one but now I will be getting this one (which will work even better for my purposes).

I am thinking of moving this announcement/advertisement to the Manufacturers and Dealers section --- not really necessary, I guess, but I wouldn't want any of the other companies getting pissed off.

Laurie, this is looking great! The perfect product at the right price, especially for those looking for an ultra-small accurate TC sync box. I was getting very close to buying the larger one but now I will be getting this one (which will work even better for my purposes).

I am thinking of moving this announcement/advertisement to the Manufacturers and Dealers section --- not really necessary, I guess, but I wouldn't want any of the other companies getting pissed off.

I will admit that I think you told me that before but I didn't remember when posting.

I am so sorry!

I want to clarify the "show" position. The Tig Q28 does not have a screen and cannot show seconds and frames.

The "show" position is simply a way for the LED light to "show" the hours and minutes as a means of confirmation.  First it blinks the first digit of the hours, then pauses, the second digit of the hours, then pauses again.  Lastly it does the same for the minutes. 

Other than the "show" feature the Tig Q28 has all the same features as the original Tig -- just at a third the size.

Hi Laurie

While waiting for the unit, would it be possible to have the pinouts for the connections on the unit ? And also the Lemo model number we'll need; there's lots of models available so having the part number would be great.

Thanks a lot. Nice work !

Hi Laurie

While waiting for the unit, would it be possible to have the pinouts for the connections on the unit ? And also the Lemo model number we'll need; there's lots of models available so having the part number would be great.

Thanks a lot. Nice work !

Hi Pierre,

No Problem 

The pinout is 

Pin 1  -  Ground

Pin 2  -  Timecode in (jam)

Pin 5  -  Timecode out

Connector is FGG.0B.305.CLAD...

You need to choose your own collet size depending on the cable diameter you are using.

Merci

I don't know what to say (which is a real surprise for me).  But thank you very much for your kind remarks.

Phil,

Thanks for your support.  I hope you are still enjoying your Tig.

Jeff, 

Hopefully we can get together when I am in CA next.  I would love to meet you. 

Jack,

It was great getting a chance to speak with you at NAB.  I was just saying this morning what a great time I had at NAB and especially the Ramps party.  Can't wait until next year!  

Thanks Guys

Hi,

Our distributor & service center for Europe is:

Audio Engineering

Contact - Tanky

044-208-341-3500

www.micronwireless.co.uk

Our dealers are:

Germany

Roman at Vista Vision

Phone 0049-2241-201800

www.vista-vision.de

UK

Roger at Everything Audio

Phone 044-20-8324-2726

www.everythingaudio.co.uk

We will be announcing the promotional price for Europe next week but you can contact one of them to get on the list.  Hopefully Tanky should have some in a couple of weeks.

Thanks so much

Hello. For Belgium market, i suggest to contact joris at www.audiosense.be. I would be very happy to own one of these. Hope the price Will be attractive as the price in $. Best regards.

Hi,

I met Joris at NAB and he is a great guy.  I'm not sure if he is officially set up as a dealer (I need to check with my European Distributor).  However there is no problem with him getting a Q28.  Feel free to give him a call to put you in the queue  (he knows Tanky from Audio Engineering).  

We are also going to be having some introductory pricing for Europe which we will try out best to keep competitive.  I just need to check on a few things before announcing it.

Thanks