STANLEY Rolling Workshop as a cart

elior

I was looking for a cheap cart that can fit all sorts of types of work. 
I found the rolling workshop of STANLEY, they have several models and sizes that one could fit my needs. 
Most of the time I work with Harness so I chose this model because it is modular and can be used for all kinds of jobs.

Improvements:
I add small wheels in the front. 
I'll find something better to the antennas.

post-2165-0-01218000-1407072304_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-49236600-1407072306_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-85547700-1407072307_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-60759900-1407072309_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-02990700-1407072311_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-39242400-1407072312_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-64305800-1407072313_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-86782200-1407072314_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-79137500-1407072316_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-24894900-1407072318_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-21167400-1407072336_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-33299500-1407072338_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-69478900-1407072340_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-03762000-1407072342_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-82678800-1407072344_thumb.jp

post-2165-0-75713900-1407072348_thumb.jp

Looks really great!!! I have the smaller one, without the drawers. It's nice, but the wheels are plasticky -  the weak point in my opinion. Can you replace the wheels for regular rubbery ones in your model? Where did you get the handles for the sides and the back (holding boom and antenna mast) from?

Thanks guys, 

geoff-
1 - I don't know, this is my first cart use. 
2 - Yes, they are locked. 

fieldmixer- 
its handle not bad, I believe I would do some improvements in the future.
Some places can be a problem with stability as an increase or decrease places. 

Disadvantages-
The carrying handle mechanism is plastic.
Plastic wheels ('ll change them soon).  
It's plastic, very strong but still plastic. 

I chose this model because it breaks down into 3 parts, so he got into the family car / taxi without a problem. 

Stanley has a lot bigger and stronger models, worth checking out if you don't have a problem of a place or transportation. 
For example, this model can be really useful, with or without boxes, is very versatile, and that cart can be very good to bag cart use. 

Great job on a bag cart! Thinking outside the box...

Have rolled the DeWalt shown above as a bag cart to supplement a cart-based collection to pretty good effect for more than a year now with intermittent use. Almost heavy duty. It's wheels are pneumatic and are...interesting to fill with air; think contortionist and you'll be fine.

My guess is the box locks will eventually fail, but so far, so good.

Love Elior's cart. Thanks for the pix! And the DeWalt ToughSystem looks pretty cool. Looks like in the US a ToughSystem with the carrier and three storage units will cost about $400. Here are the prices at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/dewalt%2520toughsystem?NCNI-5

All cool stuff... Hope they hold up on the road... And kinda wish a company like Pelican would produce something similar...

Jim "bag and case man" Feeley

Love Elior's cart. Thanks for the pix! And the DeWalt ToughSystem looks pretty cool. Looks like in the US a ToughSystem with the carrier and three storage units will cost about $400. Here are the prices at Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/s/dewalt%20toughsystem?NCNI-5

All cool stuff... Hope they hold up on the road... And kinda wish a company like Pelican would produce something similar...

Jim "bag and case man" Feeley

I looked at the Stanley stuff at Home Depot and its really strong stuff. A little more weight than I was hoping for. Especially the cart part. I think the boxes all interlock so a lighter weight folding cart would work with it too. The biggest box is about the only thing that I've seen that would hold my fully assembled bag which is something I was trying to find. As you said it would be nice if Pelican would come up with something similar. Maybe we can get a design competition going like the bag manufactures, or maybe have them come up with something after they get them up and running.

• 1 month later...

I have several of the older Stanley mobile workshop, mine are mostly stamped galvanized steel and plastic for all the attaching bits. The cart on the bottom is still the weak point, and it isn't happy with too much weight, but the drawer units are top notch.

Now I'm thinking about that DeWalt unit... Dang it Jim, why'd you have to give me the link to Home Depot? I buy more sound gear in there...

Now I'm thinking about that DeWalt unit... Dang it Jim, why'd you have to give me the link to Home Depot? I buy more sound gear in there...

More bad news Jim: I was at Home Depot last week and saw some of the DeWalt units. And they looked better and more Pelicany (in a good way; rigid, etc) than I thought they would. And DeWalt has a pretty reputation for making available replacement parts for their professional tools...don't know if that applies to their storage systems, though.

But let's ask Jan since she's rolling one of these. Jan, any more pros/cons on the DeWalt ToughSystem? 

Nothing more to report.

Will add my concurrence that the boxes are "Pelicany" in feel with the exception of the aluminum latches. I'm suitably careful with 'em. When they break, figure I can use a lock for which there exist adequate matching holes through lid and base.

Yeah, the cart is "heavy" duty but...if I'm going to use a thing as cart, that's kinda what I want having bought a few lighter-duty carts that eventually broke up I don't mind going heavy duty and dealing with weight consequences. My only consideration in that respect is I can handle it by myself whether rolling or lifting it. Check.