Zaxcom MicPlexer 2

Jeff Wexler

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I bought some pigtailed molded right angle connectors from Trew before.

I also stumbled on realizing that the BDS end of the plug fits a QRX. I had a few BDS to Lectrosonics 411/401 cables. The BDS end locks into a QRX and the "Lectro" DC plug end fit those security system backup batteries a few of us use to power hops on smaller cameras.

Criticism, by all means look at Rado posts on how to critique properly . There is nothing wrong with giving constructive criticism.

For people? No not really I would think it would apply to all aspects of life. If I don't like something I don't waste my energy being negative towards it.

The poison remark was just uncalled for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Chris, 'one mans meat is another mans poison'  is an old saying that means some people like things that other people don't. What exactly is uncalled for about that?

As for Rados critiques, they seem to be mainly down to who is giving him free stuff and preferential service at any given time, that boy changes his mind more often than you change your underpants.

It is more than a little bit shit though that criticism (of certain things anyway) is so frowned upon, the concept that if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything belongs in the nursery. Comment, criticism and praise are all equally valuable, if we lose the ability to criticise, we lose the ability to think. Come to think of it, the ability to think independently is something that a lot of Zaxcom users lost a long time ago. (And if you think that's harsh on Zaxcom or their users, substitute Zaxcom with Apple, if you think that's harsh on Apple, well, I don't know what else to say)

Chris, 'one mans meat is another mans poison' is an old saying that means some people like things that other people don't. What exactly is uncalled for about that?

As for Rados critiques, they seem to be mainly down to who is giving him free stuff and preferential service at any given time, that boy changes his mind more often than you change your underpants.

this is absolute bull...i have never got anything for free. I buy everything from trew audio LA. These personal attacks are absolutely uncalled for!!!.

These? This is the first no? And it's hardly an attack, you change your mind a lot.

As for my affiliations, I have none. Since you've edited your post, it might seem odd for me to mention Location Sound, but you mentioned them, so I should say, no, I have no affiliation, I live on a different continent to them, why would I be affiliated to them?

Lectrosonics RAT PAC and Remote Audio BDS cable. I don't know if they make the right angle BDS cable anymore.

Mark O.

byYk5G.jpg

Mark, BDS , lectro and Zaxcom wireless are 3 different connectors. Don't remember the exact model numbers. I made right angle zaxcom switchcraft similar to the right angle DIY XLRs from this forum.

"As for Rados critiques, they seem to be mainly down to who is giving him free stuff and preferential service at any given time, that boy changes his mind more often than you change your underpants."

Dear Mr. Gilbert.

Rado Stefanov has never received any Zaxcom gear for free. His opinions are his and he is very free to post them. If you read this group you will see that Zaxcom has received both positive comments and criticism. Rado has also provided very useful advice on how we can make better products. Rado is one of our best customers as he uses our gear to record audio on one of our top shows here in America. His talent and dedication to promoting the state of the art in his craft is without question genuine. 

It is a pity that your opinions lead you to the only possible conclusion that anyone who likes Zaxcom gear must be on the take. Very sad indeed. And last time I checked Rado is over 21 so I do not think the term "boy" applies.

Glenn

Oh, ever defensive Glen, did I ever say that Rado received Zaxcom kit for free? No. I didn't. You do protest a little too loud though, so maybe the 'preferential service' applies to you. Maybe, just maybe.

I have never said that anyone who likes Zaxcom kit must be on the take, all I've said is that I don't like it.

Oh, ever defensive Glen, did I ever say that Rado received Zaxcom kit for free? No. I didn't. You do protest a little too loud though, so maybe the 'preferential service' applies to you. Maybe, just maybe.

I have never said that anyone who likes Zaxcom kit must be on the take, all I've said is that I don't like it.

"they seem to be mainly down to who is giving him free stuff and preferential service"

How is this NOT saying that Rado has received Zaxcom stuff for free? Who is the "who" your referenced if not Zaxcom (since this topic is Zaxcom gear?).

Better yet, don't even bother to answer this. I think enough others have put you in your place (including the "ever defensive Glen").

Rado: 

This is what I used to make some QRX and RX900S power cables, they still list them as being sold. The thing is that the right-angle may only be available in a molded connector version. Just a happy coincidence that the BDS output connector works for me as a QRX/RX power connection. I know the QRX is more forgiving than the STA150 (that requires a slightly shorter connector). http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Remote-Audio-BDS-Cable-To-Tin-Leads-BDSCPT.html

It didn't occur to me until I looked at one of these and used the locking side for the QRX and the DC side fit in the security cam battery I was using on a camera as a hop. 

Rado: 

This is what I used to make some QRX and RX900S power cables, they still list them as being sold. The thing is that the right-angle may only be available in a molded connector version. Just a happy coincidence that the BDS output connector works for me as a QRX/RX power connection. I know the QRX is more forgiving than the STA150 (that requires a slightly shorter connector). http://www.trewaudio.com/store/Remote-Audio-BDS-Cable-To-Tin-Leads-BDSCPT.html

It didn't occur to me until I looked at one of these and used the locking side for the QRX and the DC side fit in the security cam battery I was using on a camera as a hop.

I think the BDS connector does work with the STA 150