My Favorite Movie Scene Is...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch of unconnected incidents and things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice of coincidence that lays on top of everything. Give you an example, show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate of shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, "plate," or "shrimp," or "plate of shrimp" out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconsciousness.

the Do Lung bridge scene from Apocalypse Now made an impression on me.

one man's impression of the vietnam war. the chaos and absurdity of it at times. the fear, and the raw emotion of battle. the confusion and escapism that was indudged in to numb one's self. the constant menace just beyond their sight.

it was a well crafted tale done with sound that took us from one reality to the next, as Sheen walked up the bank and through the trenches. it set up the scene, then drew you in for the punch.

i made my way into sound supervising because of it. on the quest to tell the best story i can with sound.

enjoy.

Definitely one of my very favorite scenes was in "Little Big Man" where Dustin Hoffmans character first meets George Armstrong Custer-----get the movie and watch it if you haven't seen it.

J.D.

RVD, you crack me up man. "Favorite Scene" can be whatever you want it to be.  I just chose mine because it always reminds me of my Dad. But I guess I see your point though since there are so many to choose from.

I guess if we were to talk about WESTERNS then here's another one I thought was pretty damn good. Have you seen this movie yet? LOL

In fact I think I'll watch this one with my boy today. 

We first learned the intense discipline of a Drill Sargeant in, "An Officer and a Gentleman," Louis Gossett, Jr.'s Award winning performance.  R. Lee Ermey took it to another level in, "Full Metal Jacket," showing us how tough you have to be with recruits to instill the warrior mentality.

R. Lee Erney was a genius in that movie. I don't remember what happens in the movie after that scene since that was the best part for me.