New Portabrace AO-1 Changes Complete.

Hi Adam and congrats for the hard work...

Questions: is the bottle pouch detachable ? Also, having a lithium battery exposed to rain would probably make me nervous; a flap on top of the batt. compartment would be great (a custom add-on I'd pay for) ...

Again, very nice work!

Questions: is the bottle pouch detachable ? Also, having a lithium battery exposed to rain would probably make me nervous; a flap on top of the batt. compartment would be great (a custom add-on I'd pay for) ...

Again, very nice work!

Hi there,

The bottle pouch isn't detachable no. But it could be. Also, a cover over the Batteries is definitely possible.

Thanks very much!

Again, very nice work!

just use scissors to get rid of it if you don;t like :-)

I used that pocket for the furry or tape on other portabrace bags. But previously it was in the front and not to the body...

for the weight:

orca or-30 is 1,78kg

Ao-1x is 1,36kg

If orca measures with strap (which I do not know) they are about the same as the HB-1040 strap is 0,39kg. Nevertheless nice leightweight. But AO1x is bigger (except height) an the Orca Strap looks like being not so comfy.

I like Boombooms Idea for the vinyl of the sidepockets to start on top of the bag to protect NP1 from rain.