zaxnet commands from maxx.

RadoStefanov

A dedicated Menu for Zaxnet on the Recorder is great. We don't even have this on the Deva/Fusion!! Have to use the flimsy Ifb100 screen and buttons.

Yes and no.  Via an IFB100, the Deva can control the start and stop of transmitter recording, and individual transmitter gain controls can be mapped to any of the front panel, or virtual, level controls.

Transmitter sleep, wake, and frequency adjustments are via the IFB100 buttons.

Yes there will be a new ZaxNet menu in the Maxx that will have all the remote commands in it.

You can control TX gain, frequency, output power level and start / stop the recorder. 

Sounds great! If only there was a way to network the QRX receivers with the Maxx/Nomad/Deva so that when you scan the receiver and pick a freq it auto remote changes the right Tx, which is the absolute coolest feature of the QRX235+IFB combo. Currently I think you can only achieve that function if you have an IFB option QRX in the bag and have all the receivers strung together with the macguyvered USB cables...

Zax should have started putting ethernet connectors on all their gear awhile ago! 

However, it would be WAY cooler if the Maxx could have an IFB200 module instead of a camera link module so we don't have to take up more bag real estate. Any plans for that?

Agreed! And Zax would sell more ERX receivers...

Or.. maybe they should make a UHF IFB receiver...

On my cart I use 1w Amp, Corner antenna and ERX on cameras and director/producers.

In my bag I use erx on cameras and comtek for director/producers.

Meaning you don't use ERX's at all any more? Or switch out when you need more range? No luck with a booster of some sort for the ERX's?

• 1 month later...

However, it would be WAY cooler if the Maxx could have an IFB200 module instead of a camera link module so we don't have to take up more bag real estate. Any plans for that?

It's called a Nomad? If they offered IFB on Maxx, it would surely cannibalize the Nomad 10.

However, if they offered a camera link module in Nomad 10 I would be all over it.

Ok and today this happened. Should have been there from the very beginning...Regardless. Thanks for correcting it...

Pop the champagne tonight...

10658937_10205103110557302_5257445114594

10507052_10205103110837309_1579704365688

No wake/sleep command...

If we can only have sleep awake on power modes in the zaxnet menu on maxx!!!

Does this make the TC out switchable? If so, when in ZNet mode, what it's the command signal path? Through the Maxx SMA, out of the TC BNC, or some other way?