zaxnet commands from maxx.

RadoStefanov

maxx already has a stereo TX that carries TC .

it might be able to carry the zaxnet command with the TC over RF to a QRX235 on camera which will send commands over zaxnet 2.4ghz

While I understand that a built in TX in the Maxx is feasible, and that it is the best way to go for lightest and most compact solution, I am also looking to keep Zaxnet in my bag, and I want modularity. Instead of getting an IFB200, I would rather pay the extra bit and get a CL that I can use in both my Nomad rig, and my potential future Maxx rig. I wouldn't always use the UHF transmitter, but I use the Zaxnet transmitter ALL the time. I also would prefer to keep using wideband QRXs for both bags, which I already own, instead of getting a 235/100QIFB to use in a bag (those are for cameras ;P)

Jose has a very good point - a camera link vs the built in transmitter is a very good option.

The camera link integration is nice but the advantages of the CL may out way the intergration for some. The CL will give you a stereo UHF transmitter with tc, a zaxnet transceiver that can control your wirless and send audio and tc to ERX receivers and you also get an backup two track recorder. All in one small box.

The CL files also can be an easy converted to an mp3 with tc for transcription or converted to wav as a mix track.

The ifb200 is the exact same size of the camera link so if you are looking at a ifb200 the functionality of the CL may be an advantage for some.

While one solution may work for one person, someone else might want something different. The good thing is you have options that work for you.

Note that I just made new software for the CL camera link and the IFB200 that supports the Zaxnet commands that come from Maxx. It is LNK-165.

Also I believe you need at least version QOPT-158 to be able to use MAXX's zaxnet with the QIFB in a QRX-235 or QRX-100.

I will try to make sure this is all on the zaxcom forum today.

-howy

While I understand that a built in TX in the Maxx is feasible, and that it is the best way to go for lightest and most compact solution, I am also looking to keep Zaxnet in my bag, and I want modularity. Instead of getting an IFB200, I would rather pay the extra bit and get a CL that I can use in both my Nomad rig, and my potential future Maxx rig. I wouldn't always use the UHF transmitter, but I use the Zaxnet transmitter ALL the time. I also would prefer to keep using wideband QRXs for both bags, which I already own, instead of getting a 235/100QIFB to use in a bag (those are for cameras ;P)

Makes sense

And the maxx TX is a very small band

Jose has a very good point - a camera link vs the built in transmitter is a very good option.
The camera link integration is nice but the advantages of the CL may out way the intergration for some. The CL will give you a stereo UHF transmitter with tc, a zaxnet transceiver that can control your wirless and send audio and tc to ERX receivers and you also get an backup two track recorder. All in one small box.
The CL files also can be an easy converted to an mp3 with tc for transcription or converted to wav as a mix track.
The ifb200 is the exact same size of the camera link so if you are looking at a ifb200 the functionality of the CL may be an advantage for some.
While one solution may work for one person, someone else might want something different. The good thing is you have options that work for you.

Howy,

Thank you again and again for your magnificent work!!!

Any chance to get LOW, WakeUp On powermode commands as well?

Note that I just made new software for the CL camera link and the IFB200 that supports the Zaxnet commands that come from Maxx. It is LNK-165.

Also I believe you need at least version QOPT-158 to be able to use MAXX's zaxnet with the QIFB in a QRX-235 or QRX-100.

I will try to make sure this is all on the zaxcom forum today.

-howy

• 5 years later...

Hey,

I remember reading this thread some two years ago and now I'm planning to give my Maxx another life by connecting it to IFB200/QRX235. So I wonder - is there anything that IFB100/200 has that QRX100QIBF/235 is missing? 

Or in another words: is IFB same like QRX with an extra 4-channel receiver?

best wishes to you all.