Audio Limiteds

tsmyles

Hey Jeff,

I noticed in the pictures of your cart that you're using Audio Limiteds.

Have you found anyone reliable to send them to for service out here or do you use Vark Audio back east. And are yours the new diversity units?  I have 2 RFS 2000s which I've owned for nearly 10 years now.  Just wish they were more frequency agile now than just the 1 mHz jump. But in those pre HD broadcast days I could almost always just jump away from interference.

I also really like them when I'm in ENG mode. So much smaller than my Lectro receivers!!

BTW, I know you won't know me, since you were busy and I didn't want to interrupt and introduce myself but I was the mixer on the ENG for playback shoots on "61".

Thanks,

Tony

I do still use my Audio, Ltd.'s and they are diversity but NOT frequency agile model 2000. I have not found anyone other than Vark (I believe they may operate under a different name now) in Maryland for service. I have owned them since before "As Good As It Gets" which would be 1995 I believe. They have been in twice to be completely re-crystaled (all 4 transmitters, receivers and the quad box) to try and keep them going in the various locations I have worked. I know their days are numbered but I still keep using them as my primary wireless. I do have 4 Zaxcom Digital wireless that are beautifully frequency agile and work very well, so I ue them when I just cannot get all the Audios to work in the RF jungle.

At some point they will have to be retired I'm sure but they will have served me well for many, many years.

Regards,  Jeff Wexler

Guest Don Brown

I bought my first 2000’s when  Peter Handford and I were asked by Sidney Pollack

To do “Havana†Peter had worked with Sid on Out Of Africa and had got on well with him, which earned Peter his first and only Oscar after 50+ years in sound.

I had the Audio RMS2000’s matched to go with my RMS12’s which I had bought the year before when we were doing "White Hunter Black Heart" with C Eastwood in Zimbabwe and they worked great along side 6 RMS8’s which we had for 10 years and never let us down, great range all VHF in the 173- 179 Mhz

Our first exterior in down town Santo Domingo I notice interference on the 2000,s And found that they were right near the video frequency of the local TV station So we had to change to the older radios, which were perfect.

I find now even though I have gone to UHF I still get more interference which I put down to all the radio traffic from Walkie Talkies, Cell phones, Bluetooth not that they are on the same frequency but 2nd and 3rd harmonics. Peter was one of the first mixers in UK to use twin track on stereo Nagra and was Knocked by many editors that did not understand it, how times have changed

Regards

Don Brown

Boston UK