Analog to AESEBU converter to access tracks 13,14,15,16, when using Deva 16 with mix 12?

CarlRudisill

Hey Carl, check out AJA ADA4 Mini-Converter: https://www.aja.com/en/products/mini-converters/ada4#features. DC powering available, 4-channel D/A or A/D if you ever needed it, word-clock pass-through. Looks like it would do well in the field with a Deva. I should note that I have never used this model, but it's a very interesting possibility.

• 2 years later...

Having just spent a while reading through archive posts I'm wondering whether the AJA is still the 'best' bag-friendly ADC option out there?

I like the swappable channels, four channels, the 96k capability and the WC / sync extras ... But is there anything that could do 192, still preferably have more than a stereo pair (maybe even more than two pairs) and still be DC powered and a small footprints? I presume not, but I'll ask. (btw, I liked the German 192 capable DIY box, but not currently up to the challenge of making it myself, and didn't look too hard at the possibility of extending / syncing the channel count).

Cheers, Jez

( I meant the BEIS diy packs that Vincent mentioned in the similar 'bagfriendly' post a couple years back - sorry, I'm typing this on an iPad and I am NOT a skilled iPad operator! ) J

• 3 weeks later...