Coordinating Frequencies on Reality Travel Show

Matthew Sonnenfeld

Hello,

I originally posted this in Current and am reposting here in Workflow.

I am working on a travel show that has me going all over the country only spending a day or two in one area.  I am using four channels of WisyCom (470 - 640) wireless for talent, two Sennheiser G3 as hops (mono to two cameras), and Comtek 216's.

With all of this wireless, I am trying to find the best practice to coordinate frequencies in multiple locations quickly and efficiently.  For the first week out it was a lot of receiver scanning in local hotels the night before the shoot and adjusting accordingly on location the next day but I'm sure that I am not doing the right thing.

Any advice that anyone could give me would be hugely appreciated.  This amount of wireless is relatively new to me as I only recently was fortunate enough to get the work that could require, and pay for, a large expansion of my kit.

Thanks!!

there is a lot of good information in another, very similar thread.

Sorry yes, new to posting here.  Was worried I posted in the wrong place originally so posted to Workflow as well.

Rob, thanks so much for your advice.  I will definitely check out the FREQ Finder App for iPhone!  Sounds like it could be very helpful!