Better way to attach tails to camera?

Lancashire soundie

I wonder, does anyone know of a nice "gadget" to allow me to plug into modern cameras like the F5/F55/C300/FS700 etc, without the tails dangling down wherever they fall?

Take this as an example:

http://www.pinknoise-systems.co.uk/Ambient_QAT_Top_Tip_XLR_Mount--product--1917.html

I'd love something similar.  Imagine if the microphone output were replaced with a Tajimi socket, screwed tight to the camera handle, and the 2 outputs+return were on extremely lightweight cable?

Does anyone know of such a thing?

It isn't just about aesthetics, but if you look at a typical F5 setup there aren't many options to be tidy, what with all the equipment bolted onto them.

A lot of my work lately has been onto one of these, with this rig:

fs700_rig-silver-version.jpg

I thought it might be nice to have something functional that could bolt onto one of the holes up near the handle.  I think it'd be much better to have the socket end of the tails securely fastened to the camera - that way, you could have thinner lighter cables that don't need to be as strong as normal tails.

Relationships with cameramen are very important, if I can provide kit that makes their job easier, or that doesn't scratch the camera through random movement, I will.

Do you ever post anything constructive, or do you spend your days trawling forums trying to be a massive arsehole?  I asked if anyone knew of such a device's availability, and everyone else helped.  I didn't ask for career advice.

Is there a block option on this forum, so I don't have to read this idiot's postings?

http://www.comac.co.nz/modules/SP_webshop/products.php?cat=109

I use an older solid rubber version of this rubber rope tensioner...
Plug your XLRs in to the camera then thread the pig tail side of your breakaway Neutrik multi pin connector through one hole of the tensioner and bring the cable around the handgrip or other protusion on the camera and partially into the other hole of the tensioner so its gripped in the other rubber hole...and adjust the cable size to suit......then connect the other part of the breakaway Neutrik and the cable going to the mixer... this can easily be disconnected by holding the rubber with the connector....your main cable comes apart easily and is endlessly repeatable ...

I suspect you are already familiar with the BetaBox by Ravencourt. I love them when they work, however they will not fit every camera. The other negative is that they fit so nicely on the camera that it is easy to forget it's on there and you end up leaving for the day with it still attached.

http://filmebase.pt/Ravencourt/index.html

tom

Yes I've seen the Betabox (not for years, mind), but they're unsuitable for modern cameras.  What I'm after is a betabox where the outputs/return are on lightweight cable, and the "box" with integral multipin connector screws or bolts onto a standard thread somewhere on the camera.

I suppose nobody makes them which, considering the proliferation of new cameras, is somewhat disappointing.