Apple 09/09/14 Special Event - iPhone 6 and Apple Watch

Ze Frias

I think Johnpaul hits all the right nails in the head with his last post. Thanks for sharing all the links.

For those interesting in learning a bit more about the Apple Pay tech, here's a great link that I think puts it down very easy and straightforward:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2607181/why-apple-pay-could-be-the-mobile-payment-system-youll-actually-use.html

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apple Watch is the first Apple product in a very long time that I would consider as ugly, poorly designed. My guess is that it will be their first big flop in a long time, too.

It's also generation 1 of the watch. I bet when it ships, and those websites literally rip it apart, we see that it's half battery inside. Consider how silly the first iPhone looks just a few years later, but it launched this product line. Even some diehard Apple fans called the first iPod an ugly and expensive mess that will tank the company. Time will tell.

I haven't worn an actual watch for timekeeping in years. I do wear a heart rate monitor when I run. I often wear a Garmin GPS one that's even bigger than this Apple Watch. 

The way they are bending doesn't make a lot of sense for a front pocket, unless you were carrying something. Those bends look suspiciously like somebody had them in their back pocket and sat on them. I'm kind of amazed how many people carry smartphones in their back pockets and sit on them all day. I carried a filing cabinet myself yesterday and there was weight on my iPhone 6 (front jeans pocket) and it's fine. Maybe the 6plus is just tooooo big to maintain rigidity under those stresses. thats totally possible. 

I really think there's a market for a phone 5/5s sized. I kind of like the size of the 6, but I didn't dislike the size of my 5. I do love the upgraded camera, addition of TouchID, and faster processor. The phone is a lot faster when comparing iOS 8 on my 5 and 6. Things like scrolling through photo stream of my last 1,000 pictures is smoother. Also this is the first Verizon iPhone that can do voice and data at the same time, and is on the enhanced LTE network. Upgrading for me was a no-brainer.