rdnfrm

Just how do you do that, not paying attention?

Eh, people get exhausted, they're stressed out, crap happens. I think out of 150 shoots I've left stuff behind maybe 5 times, most of it silly and replaceable (like a $15 stepladder). But I did leave my important "bag o' stuff" on a music video shoot downtown one time, and that had an iPad, notes, a couple of cables, and other major items. Luckily for me, Apple's "Find My iPad" located it, and the studio manager kept an eye on it for me until I picked it up the next morning. 

Ya gotta wish we had "Find My Schoeps," "Find My Sound Devices," and "Find My Zaxcom" apps...

Problem is this ideal tracking unit needs to have a radio, and subscribed to a provider... Basically a second smartphone left in the gear luggage would do the trick.

Not really, it just needs a GPS transmitter, which is difficult enough as it is. A simple rfid chip could work, too, but only short distance

Tough room. Have a Heart people. Anyone ever get deliriously tired and stupid? I have. How does it help to have a dump on someone's misfortune. Perhaps you could also post him a lemon, have him paper cut himself good and deep with the envelope, then squeeze lemon juice on it. Maybe that would also help.

Sandor - Vancouver sound guy

Tough room. Have a Heart people. Anyone ever get deliriously tired and stupid? I have. How does it help to have a dump on someone's misfortune. Perhaps you could also post him a lemon, have him paper cut himself good and deep with the envelope, then squeeze lemon juice on it. Maybe that would also help.

Sandor - Vancouver sound guy

Your'e right. 

I'm sorry. =(