Boom Recorder crashes on relaunch/reload?

If I close the program and or eject the hard drives I am unable to successfully relaunch BR without creating new directories?

The program worked flawlessly during the 30 day trial but since purchase this has happened repeatedly...at least 4 times this past week.

Restarting Macbook pro does not factor.

The only workaround is starting BR with drives undocked then creating new folders after the drives are reinstalled.

Not optimal to do for just a lunch break Genie shutdown, etc

I'm mirroring using 1 FW500GB and 1 USB250GB with BR 7.22 / 2G RAM

Again, for a 18 day shoot during trial period seamless on/off cycling

Any other experiences or fixes?

Please advise

I had a similar issue once (although not exactly) and the problem ended up being illegal characters in one of the fields in the report. Is the report showing up correctly? Are you using an external keyboard? Or, have you tried the obvious of uninstalling the program and then reinstalling it?

I just had something similar happen.  I inadvertently trashed a folder that I had one set of files pointed at.  Going into record caused a freeze and a sudden quit.  After that even recreating the folder didn't stop the sudden quit at launch.  What I had to do was delete the files that had been created in the in the first record session.  Explanation...  I had discrete tracks going to one folder and three crash down mixes going to three other folders.  BR had already created files in the existing directories before it locked up trying to write to the nonexistent fourth directory.

I don't think I would have had a problem if I had not gone into record and created the corrupt files.  I'm pretty sure that BR has handled bad paths better in the past but?  Anyway I emailed Take also so I'm sure a fix will be forth coming.

• 2 weeks later...