Zaxcom inventory wait time!

RadoStefanov

After swift investigation UPS found my package and delivered it late today.  Regardless of the happy ending I still think Zaxcom should increase their manufacturing and stock some wireless with the usual suspects. Wireless purchases are sudden and based on bookings which are very short notice. Zaxcom wireless is gaining popularity. People want it. Zaxcom should have it available.

I am glad you got your package. I believe we sent another one Yesterday so you may have to send one back or you can purchase it if you like.

Zaxcom is working to get our delivery time down but we are very busy with orders and things seem to ship as soon as they are ready and tested. Our dealers need to stock more so you they can send you what you need out of their inventory.

Glenn

Regardless of the happy ending I still think Zaxcom should increase their manufacturing and stock some wireless with the usual suspects. Wireless purchases are sudden and based on bookings which are very short notice. Zaxcom wireless is gaining popularity. People want it. Zaxcom should have it available.

I find it a bit rude of you  to tell Zaxcom what they should do. How are you qualified to do so? Also Glenn, why tell the vendors what they should do? If you or they do it wrong, you'll soon be out of business. You all seem successful so I'd not worry about advise from someone outside the know. Rado, you are a nice guy but you are an "Excitable Boy" at times. Take a deep breath and listen to some nice music as you run your own business.

CrewC

It is just a suggestion.

I find it a bit rude of you  to tell Zaxcom what they should do. How are you qualified to do so? Also Glenn, why tell the vendors what they should do? If you or they do it wrong, you'll soon be out of business. You all seem successful so I'd not worry about advise from someone outside the know. Rado, you are a nice guy but you are an "Excitable Boy" at times. Take a deep breath and listen to some nice music as you run your own business.

CrewC

Also Glenn, why tell the vendors what they should do?

I do not tell the vendors what they should do. I see the ones who stock more Zaxcom gear sell more Zaxcom gear. All dealers need to have stock as a natural part of their business. They are free to do what they feel is right.

Glenn

Rado is a customer and it seems a loyal one at that. Zaxcom should appreciate any feedback they can get. No matter what form it comes in, rude or not. As a customer he has the biggest right to suggest what Zaxcom should do to keep he and others happy. 

CrewC

Hey Jason, Rado can do as he wishes and say whatever he wants, just as you and I can. I'm all for feedback when it concerns the "product", not so much when it's about how to run someone else's company. I'd not want anyone telling me how to do my business that I've been doing for decades when they have little of the facts of my business plan and operation. I'd want to know if and how my product could be better. BUT I certainly wouldn't want it on a public forum to be discussed by any and all, and presented as if it were the manufacturers fault. To me that is rude.

Lastly, we are all rental companies, service providers, and many of us are union members as well. A lot of the same issues that manufactures have, we have. Inventory is a common problem for all of us. We mixer/rental companies build our Kit/Package over time and need as the demand for our gear and services grow. Manufacturers buy the materials & components and build their Product by its demand. I just don't see how bitching about this side of our business's makes their or our "Product" any better.

I'm all for ideas and feedback from the intended end user recording in the field of any product. That is what jwsound is IMO.

CrewC

Hey Crew- I feel you, but I already mulled over the similarities of our business as sound mixers renting gear, and that of manufacturers and distributers before I made the post. And I agree it is there, but very loose at that. Especially when you look at the current model for retail and internet sales. 

As an owner/operator of a large and costly amount of Zaxcom gear Rado along with other owners have a right and legitimate vested interest in pushing the company (Zaxcom) to improve the way they run their company and serve their customer base. After all, our business and the success of our clients depends on their (Zaxcom's) equipment running well, and also being delivered in a timely manor. If either doesn't happen (frequently in my case) it costs us money and slows down production. So again, I think he has every right, and even a responsibility to do so. This particular situation might have been an over reaction, but I'm guessing it was spurned by previous issues. I don't see this forum being the wrong arena either. We praise their gear and customer service here without issue. We should also be able to voice legitimate complaints without issue.

Hey Jason, Rado can do as he wishes and say whatever he wants, just as you and I can. I'm all for feedback when it concerns the "product", not so much when it's about how to run someone else's company. I'd not want anyone telling me how to do my business that I've been doing for decades when they have little of the facts of my business plan and operation. I'd want to know if and how my product could be better. BUT I certainly wouldn't want it on a public forum to be discussed by any and all, and presented as if it were the manufacturers fault. To me that is rude.

Lastly, we are all rental companies, service providers, and many of us are union members as well. A lot of the same issues that manufactures have, we have. Inventory is a common problem for all of us. We mixer/rental companies build our Kit/Package over time and need as the demand for our gear and services grow. Manufacturers buy the materials & components and build their Product by its demand. I just don't see how bitching about this side of our business's makes their or our "Product" any better.

I'm all for ideas and feedback from the intended end user recording in the field of any product. That is what jwsound is IMO.

CrewC

Crew,

Instead of renting I prefer buying. 

I got a request for more wireless for next week. And even though I ordered my transmitter a month ago I almost did not get it in time.

Thankfully I got the request a month ago . But this was an exception. Usually “with the way modern TV is being created” things pop out last minute. 

I understand if we still have block specific gear. But we don't. We have only one receiver and one transmitter.

My Suggestion is :

Stock 5 qrx200s and 10 trx900la2 in constant rotation. 

I don't think it is very unreasonable…

In Europe, they NEVER have any Zaxcom product in Stock, I am living in Austria, if I want to buy Zaxcom Wireless, I have to go to Munich, Germany and purchase it with 30% more then the price in the US , and wait for several Weeks.. So, be lucky in the US, you have not to pay more and wait long. I think that also why Lectro is more more popular in EU. At least, they have some complete system always in stock.

Know the limits of your world.

With that knowledge, Rado acted with a month's lead time. Worked perfectly even with a delivery glitch. Well done.

What's the problem?

The problem is niche-related.

What vendor(s) keep the most inventory in stock?

When I know a purchase may be immanent, I call the manufacturer and ask for current lag time between order and ship and thereafter purchase (or not) accordingly. Maybe the manufacturer will even make X on Y Block for me just in case.

In Europe, they NEVER have any Zaxcom product in Stock, I am living in Austria, if I want to buy Zaxcom Wireless, I have to go to Munich, Germany and purchase it with 30% more then the price in the US , and wait for several Weeks.. So, be lucky in the US, you have not to pay more and wait long. I think that also why Lectro is more more popular in EU. At least, they have some complete system always in stock.

Try AEM in the Netherlands. They tend to have pretty good availability of Zaxcom wireless. They do repairs, too.

Crew's last post is spot on...

Rado: " Instead of renting I prefer buying."

OK, then you should buy more than you need, and keep it in inventory, awaiting your needing it. that is what you are askibg Zaxcom and the dealers to do...

as I said before, inventory is an expense for any and (almost) every business