Zaxcom iPhone app preview - ZaxMote

Shastapete

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word if it will work with just a Nomad 10 by itself? None of my wireless have a QIFB option (all QRX200's) nor do I have an IFB200. I do have a Camera Link but that doesn't have a serial connection.

fwik IFB200 doesn't have serial port...

I hope Zaxcom could add serial port to the IFB200 (or to a similar "new" product), in order to let the ones who doesn't have a Nomad or a QRXIfb to use the serial-port related functions. And to give to the RX12 a full functionality, too.

fwik IFB200 doesn't have serial port...

I hope Zaxcom could add serial port to the IFB200 (or to a similar "new" product), in order to let the ones who doesn't have a Nomad or a QRXIfb to use the serial-port related functions. And to give to the RX12 a full functionality, too.

Good point, but Colleen did say in the preview video (in the first post of this thread) that the app will communicate either through a QRX with QIFB or an IFB200. Hopefully the nomad and camera link will be added to that list.

Glen mentioned at the Zaxcom event at Trew audio LA that a new ifb tx is in the works with a serial port.

Hopefully more devices will have 2 serial ports and through communication the way the qrx's do. That way all of the devices can be changed and used together, as opposed to the either or we are seeing now between rx12,fp8 etc.

Why didn't they start putting the USB serial port or some other accessory data port like an RJ type connector on all their products years ago?

Seems like it might have solved multiple problems for them. Then they wouldn't have to do odd things like hi-jack TC user bits..

Interesting.

A little disappointed to hear that a bluetooth dongle is needed.

BT has not been reliable in my experience of it so far.

Had hoped the phone/tablet could connect by USB cable to the serial port.

Which scuppers the 'remote' aspect but it would keep the most important (to me) element - the ability to smoothly control transmitters without getting into Nomad's menu, tying up faders, or hitting tiny buttons on a QRX.

Still cool tho.

Looking forward to seeing where it all goes.

Could the qrx send keyboard letters to the maxx? Qrx allows zaxnet to show up on maxx's screen..

Not with the current incarnation of it.

Like I mentored zaxmote is in its infancy. This is the first of possibly many othe apps from zaxcom. Zaxcom wants to get this one out there, get feed back and see how many people are really interested in them. Because if people aren't really using them why spend the time and money making them.

I would envision an application where I have an iPad on my utility follow cart that could keep tabs on set wireless and allow my 3rd to keep on top of everything with respect to wireless transmitters. I'd also like to create a paradigm where we break the 1:1 association with transmitter and receiver. I think some abstraction of this framework would allow cast assignment per scene, having something like Zaxmote to frequency coordinate all of this is very exciting.