Favorite Music Theme for Feature Film, TV Drama, Documentary etc

VASI

Cat Stevens, brilliant, and of course one of my favorite movies. As many of you already know, my first job ever working on a movie, and in the Art Department! It was my experience working on "Harold and Maude" that made the decision to start a career in movies. I wanted to do something more technical than the Art Department so it was going to be Camera or Sound, and it wasn't going to be Camera. I chose sound and have never regretted it. I'm in my 46th year sound mixing.

I will add that although I was working in the Art Department, I did some sound work for the movie, re-doing the sound system in the location projection room and doing the music playback for the scene where Maude performs this song. I was also responsible, to a certain extent, introducing Hal Ashby to Cat Stevens' music and encouraging its use for the score for the movie.

I did a little slideshow for the CAS Awards show (we never used it) and it was set to the very same Cat Stevens song.

I will put up the link in another post.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...