MKH60 case

bigsky

Hi,

I have an MKH60 which I got secondhand without a case (my only other shotgun is an AKG C568 so I don't have any other Sennheiser shotguns). I want to get the proper Sennheiser plastic case for it.

B&H have something:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/426807-REG/Sennheiser_055638_CASELONGMKH_Mic_Case.html

The description says it's for the 416, 418, and MKH60, but I think this is wrong. I reckon it's the 416 case and the larger MKH60 will not fit the foam cutout. There are other websites which show this case (part number "CASELONGMKH") and say it's for the MKH70 as well, which is just crazy.

I've found pics of the MKH60 in a case and it's different design without a cutout for a foam windshield (unlike the 416 case). I guess that's the one I need, although I would have preferred to have the place for the windshield.

Does anyone have both mics in their plastic cases and can confirm what I'm on about? It's a pain when the info on websites is incorrect.

Thanks,

Dave

I have an MKH60 and I'm sure I'll have the case somewhere, it isn't to hand right now.  But I have a couple of MKH40s (and a 30), and the 40s have a nearly identical case to that pictured - only the foam is different, with a hole for a windshield, and another 2 holes for suspension.  So I'd just buy it anyway, and get someone to make you the correct foam insert.

The MKH30 box I have is wooden and very fancy.