TASCAM DR-10C, DR-10X

Tom Duffy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

what about input with mini lemo 3 pins connectors, for hi end Sennheiser and Wisycom and Zaxcom........

This would be very useful, I have mics terminated large 6 pin Lemo (Audio Ltd) small 6 pin Lemo (Micron) and 3pin Lemo (Zaxcom) and micro dot (DPA) none of which would work directly without an adapter lead, are there any plans for more user changeable top plate connector options?

20ppm is better than the average DSLR, and better than a lot of other cameras that aren't Lockit'ed.

We did our homework on the Lectro, the top plate has a couple of switches on it (inside). When sitting passively between Lav and Tx, there is no difference, but for providing power stand-alone, one position works with original non-servo mics, and the other position works with universal and servo bias wired Lavs.   We've been testing with both.

I expect that the advice you'd get from anywhere would be to re-wire old mics to universal wiring anyway...

One of the Lectro 152 mics I got turned out to be a 150 with just the label changed (they are the same capsule) - took us a while to figure out it was original wiring.

Nice job guys. Great product and price point.

i see there is a sony hirose option - but this wont work with cos-11 wired for this sony connector?

Should work fine, I'm not personally familiar with the Sony pin assignment.

Hi,

what about input with mini lemo 3 pins connectors, for hi end Sennheiser and Wisycom and Zaxcom. Also the jack 3.5" Sennheiser in not lockable, which is very dangerous with an high risk of loosing connection.

Great machine though!

:-)

We'll consider the Lemo, does everyone wire those the same? 

The Senn 3.5mm is lockable, already tested. The through cable it comes with is also lockable connectors on both ends.

Tom (TASCAM)

If this thing had timecode, it'd be a killer. You should talk to Tentacle Sync for the MKII.

And I too second the opinion that there should be a 3 pin lemo adapter. In Sweden, 95% of the time the wireless system is either Wisycom Lemo or microdot. Always DPA lavs. I can't see Microdot happening on this little machine, but it would make sense somehow sizewise.

Great product nonetheless! You'll sell a bunch I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Tom, I've been bugging Sound Devices for something like this for years. Great tool for Wireless Booms on Film/TV sets where our chances for drop outs are getting more frequent. 

So my couple questions....

• Whats the record time per GB
  • Can you turn off the "Backup Track" to get more record time
  • What happens when you get to the end of the card, i.e. will it "Loop Record" like the Zaxcom or just stop recording

Thanks again, I hope to convince the Mixer I work with to get a couple for the Boom Ops

Andy 

The DR-10 is indeed an analog split of the input signal, so no delay and no interruption on battery end. 

Official battery life:

Alkaline 10 hours

Eneloop Pro 8 hours

Energizer Ultimate Lithium 15.5 hours

Mono files are recorded.   In dual mode you get 2 mono files, and half the capacity.

At media full, recording stops.

Tom (TASCAM)