Harness for the Stingray?

Rasmus Wedin

So I'm loving my 633 in a Stingray bag so far, but haven't really got a proper harness for it yet. I was hoping K-tek would have one out by now but in the mean time, what are people using with the Stingray and how is it working out for you?

I use a Camerade Audio Strap Deluxe harness with my Stingray2/664 bag, and it's fine. The Camrade harness is the best I've found so far, the back relief is rather large and the waist belt is wide enough. It's a comfy harness. No problem running around all day with the Stingray bag and it's even easier to take on/off than with my old and crowded Petrol bag.

But the KTEK harness is one piece and most likely divide the weight even better along the back.

I will order it as soon as the Swedish distributor allows me to. Same with the rain apron. :-)

Cheers

Fred

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any of the popular harnesses will work. I saw the prototype of the KTek at NAB and it was a little different than anything else out there. I say that because you could argue that the Versaflex, Petrol and Portabrace harnesses had gotten very similar in design (though everyone had a favorite). 

If you want to hold out for the KTek, you may be able to borrow, or get a used one in the meantime. Or, since you are using a 633 and smaller stingray, maybe the lightweight shoulder-only Portabrace AH-2 would be a good option..... then when the KTek ships you can try it out and get a more supportive harness. 

The Portabrace AH-2 is only about $70, really simple, and quick and sometimes more than enough for lightweight bags, and wouldn't be bad as a companion to a more supporting heavy duty option.