Tentacle Sync tiny TCbox review

Jeremy Childers

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I jumped on one of the "early bird" perks and look forward to using on DSLR shoots. Hoping that this works well with DaVinci Resolve's ability to read LTC on audio tracks. TentacleSync's software looks great but I don't want to the responsibility of syncing footage to fall in my lap, regardless of how quick and painless the process is.

I jumped on one of the "early bird" perks and look forward to using on DSLR shoots. Hoping that this works well with DaVinci Resolve's ability to read LTC on audio tracks. TentacleSync's software looks great but I don't want to the responsibility of syncing footage to fall in my lap, regardless of how quick and painless the process is.

Totally agree. However, this could be discussed in PrePro where you can offer this system as a complete solution to expedite their post process, while making sure that it is your software, but their responsibility. In fact, you might even be able to collect some extra rental for this solution

By the way: when jamming the device from your recorder, it takes over the timecode obviously but the frame rate your recorder is set to as well. In other words, there is basically no need for a laptop for the basic usage.

And between Tentacle to Tentacle.

Minute: 1:00

The clock and TC aspects of the box sound great.  The built-in mic is not how I want to supply audio to the camera in any case--I want that audio to be a mono mix from me not a small mic in some random position vs the action..  If the purpose of the audio track is to be a backup for the TC for post sync then the built in mic is almost always not in a good position to get the sort of clear audio track that makes either manual or automatic audio-to-audio syncing work well.  If the purpose of the camera audio track is to provide quick reference playback while on location then it's even worse, not at all representative of the audio being recorded, and in many situations (exteriors especially) unintelligible.  It would be great of they could make a model that had an audio pass-thru connector (instead of the mic) a la Mozegear.

philp

It would be great of they could make a model that had an audio pass-thru connector (instead of the mic) a la Mozegear.

i think the mic is a splendid idea - why not just use an Y-mini-jack cable if you need your own mono mix (which probably means a snake or wireless hop that make the whole thing more heavy/expensive/cumbersome anyway) 

chris

i think the mic is a splendid idea - why not just use an Y-mini-jack cable if you need your own mono mix (which probably means a snake or wireless hop that make the whole thing more heavy/expensive/cumbersome anyway) 

chris

a pass thru (minijack) connector which you can plug a cheap minijack mic into would be the best of both worlds - almost as compact in mic mode, more versatile in pass through mode.

I just pre-ordered a package, and hope they reach the total crowd funding amount because it looks great!

It would be really useful to see a threaded mini-jack output like Sennheiser does with its transmitters and receivers. It would make sure the plug won't accidently be pulled out. If not added I'll let de herrieboerderij customize it.

I just like the name :-)

Wonderful Comment. 

Be glad that there are new companies, that will bring us new toys. i know, besides the German microphone manufacturers it´s quit heavy to be accepted in the american market niches. Someday you will try and order one, cause it´s an nice tiny helpful machine. ;))

Wonderful Comment.

Be glad that there are new companies, that will bring us new toys. i know, besides the German microphone manufacturers it´s quit heavy to be accepted in the american market niches. Someday you will try and order one, cause it´s an nice tiny helpful machine. ;))

I'm sure Justan's post wasn't meant as a derogatory comnent.