Tentacle Sync tiny TCbox review

Jeremy Childers

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They Need 150 more Sets or 300 boxes to sell within 27 days. That needs some Good luck.

A tc Box incl. Cable and sync software for only 190€ would be so nice.

I Hope they make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Armin, did you buy one (or two?) if not, please do, as I'm really hoping to get the two I bought...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I can't sync my units anymore.
-first I set TC fps with computer on the Tentacle unit
-eject it through USB eject
-when I try to jam with 633: blinks from one red blink/second (red mode) to 3 red blinks/sec. Will NOT turn to green mode
-since it doesn't jam, if I try to read the TC from the Tentacle on my 633 I get nothing.

I tried to sync two Tentacle (with same fps of course) together using one in green mode to generate TC and when I try to sync the second Tentacle in red mode to jam, it's the same (3 red blinks/sec, won't turn to green)

Thanks for suggestions of what I might be missing.
I got firmware 3.65 in the units.

I can't sync my units anymore.
-first I set TC fps with computer on the Tentacle unit
-eject it through USB eject
-when I try to jam with 633: blinks from one red blink/second (red mode) to 3 red blinks/sec. Will NOT turn to green mode
-since it doesn't jam, if I try to read the TC from the Tentacle on my 633 I get nothing.

I tried to sync two Tentacle (with same fps of course) together using one in green mode to generate TC and when I try to sync the second Tentacle in red mode to jam, it's the same (3 red blinks/sec, won't turn to green)

Thanks for suggestions of what I might be missing.
I got firmware 3.65 in the units.

sounds like the unit is low on battery, red mode is right for jamming, 

check this for a walk through i did in setting mine up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfK0vufWWPQ

...batteries are full in both units (solid green)... :-/

I also tried to sync with a Mozegear at different output levels just in case the signal from my 633 or 788 wasn't high enough (go figure how come all of a sudden but I tried anyway) and it didn't work either.

It can generate in green mode but will not jam in red mode.

I also tried to ''fool'' it at jamming with different frame rates and it didn't react to that differently. Still blinking red.

Funny thing: after the no-jam sequence I list above, the unit blinks 1 red blink/sec and if I plug any of my 1/8'' TC cables without anything plugged at the other end, it starts blinking 3 red blinks/sec. , when I unplug; back to 1 rec blink/sec.

Edited by Boomboom