Telefunken M60 FET

Patrick Wilcox

Telefunken is releasing a new amplifier and capsule system small diaphragm condenser stereo set. For $1795 you get 2x amplifiers 2x cardioid capsules, 2x hyper cardioid capsules and 2x omni capsules. A seemingly crazy price point if it can deliver as promised.

Did anyone get a chance to listen to these at AES or have defensible knowledge of how they might behave with vocal response, RF, moisture and handling noise? We loved Telefunken during my studio days but I haven't heard even a whisper about their use in production sound.

http://www.soundonsound.com/news?NewsID=17735

TELEFUNKEN Elektroakustik is basically a US company that licensed the name and is only minimally connected to the German Telefunken(s) of yore, right? That's not terrible, but it's not like these are fetishized Teutonic tubes pulled from a mic closet/shrine. (please correct my understanding if I'm wrong or incomplete).

That all said, I hold no prejudice against US-designed and/or built mics. So I too would like to know what people here think of these.