CINELA launches PIANISSIMO windshield

cineli

Here we are. Pianissimo is ready for shipping ! Many demo units all around ! Ask your dealer.

post-1-0-55498500-1413666850_thumb.jpg

Lightweight world champion, First of all, Pianissimo is a bet for new generations of "shortenned" short shotguns like DPA 4017B/C, Sennheiser MKH8060, Sanken CS1.... and awaited.
Short body end  microphones are generally difficult to mount with a (enough flexible) indoor suspension, but will find the perfect place in Pianissimo !

http://vimeopro.com/ipstv/ips-tv-at-ibc-2014/video/106258092

More infos:
http://www.cinela.fr/pianissimo.php?language=en

Download link for AES paper, presented at AES 2009 in Munich :

"Handling Noise Analysis in Large Cavity Microphone Windshields. Improved Solution"

http://www.aes.org/e-lib/browse.cfm?elib=14970

Just to confirm, can the bottom half of the basket detach from the suspension?

I'd love to get one of these fantastically engineered units but I often need to bring the mic up/down as close as possible to the frame line. (Hypercard) Losing those two extra inches may be problematic?

*EDIT. Question withdrawn. watched Videos, it doesn't appear the bottom comes off at all. I wonder how far up front in the basket the 50 sits

Just to confirm, can the bottom half of the basket detach from the suspension?

I'd love to get one of these fantastically engineered units but I often need to bring the mic up/down as close as possible to the frame line. (Hypercard) Losing those two extra inches may be problematic?

*EDIT. Question withdrawn. watched Videos, it doesn't appear the bottom comes off at all. I wonder how far up front in the basket the 50 sits

You can slide your microphone as close as you want. Suspension modules can be translated in many positions. Proximity to walls is just the main reason for wind noise, so you are free to manage the compromise.

The choice we made for a fixed bottom part of the cage is simple: WEIGHT and simplicity to avoid noises, specially regarding the floating basket principle. This feature is a real wish and it's a nice manufacturing challenge to combine efficiency and rough daily use.

To fieldmixer's question: I don't want to speak for the Cinela people who are answering questions here about their product, but I believe the whole Cinela mic mount can be removed from the cage and put on a fishpole easily. So, to make it a low profile you do not need to remove the bottom cage (with all of the shockmounting it has) you can remove just the mic and its mount from the cage and not use the cage at all.

I may be totally wrong on this but I seem to remember doing this with another Cinela windscreen I have.

Looking forward to it. Is there a chance the plastic moulded case could be made with a threaded adapter that would allow us to "store" and protect the pianissimo for transport while on the boom pole?

Protected inside the shell, the swivel is completely on one side to save space and to get the smoothest shape. We could make a hole in the shell to get the pole throughout it. Let's analyse this for the next serie. Anyway, you also can do that hole yourself !

In the other hand, there is enough room inside the shell to leave boom adapters like Ambient's, VDB's and Orca's ones !

To fieldmixer's question: I don't want to speak for the Cinela people who are answering questions here about their product, but I believe the whole Cinela mic mount can be removed from the cage and put on a fishpole easily. So, to make it a low profile you do not need to remove the bottom cage (with all of the shockmounting it has) you can remove just the mic and its mount from the cage and not use the cage at all.

I may be totally wrong on this but I seem to remember doing this with another Cinela windscreen I have.

Jeff are you using the piano or the zephix? I believe those Zephix cage comes off easily.

G

When do you expect to get the Pianissimo Kelly Rain Cover? I just received my Pianissimo and can't wait to start using it! :-)

Well, the "PIANI-KELLY" can be ordered ! We are stucked with incoming orders, beginning with standard references, but we'll be able to deliver all accessories...quite soon (early november). Let us know your feedback ! We are in a trial period, so every comment is useful !

Protected inside the shell, the swivel is completely on one side to save space and to get the smoothest shape. We could make a hole in the shell to get the pole throughout it. Let's analyse this for the next serie. Anyway, you also can do that hole yourself !

In the other hand, there is enough room inside the shell to leave boom adapters like Ambient's, VDB's and Orca's ones !

Glad to see thought was given to leave room for the boom adapters. Super. With regards to the next batch, or series of the plastic cases, if you might consider this, a threaded metric receiver, epoxied into the case perhaps?, would allow to screw a boom pole directly, or add a boom adapter, and voila, basket can be stored on the pole!:) just an idea of course. I love the case it's brilliant. Merci Bon travail!

Glad to see thought was given to leave room for the boom adapters. Super. With regards to the next batch, or series of the plastic cases, if you might consider this, a threaded metric receiver, epoxied into the case perhaps?, would allow to screw a boom pole directly, or add a boom adapter, and voila, basket can be stored on the pole! :) just an idea of course. I love the case it's brilliant. Merci Bon travail!

To make a hole is possible by anyone (to let the boom comes in), but a threaded insert in the shell is definitely not possible because the thickness of the layer is only 2/3mm. We hope that you'll have a look at it ! Sorry again.