Zaxcom camera link Blocks

Prahlad Strickland

Just wondering what the users of the camera link on here are doing regarding blocks. 

All my TX's are 20-23.  I was hoping to grab a camera link on say block 23 so I can have a spare receiver within the new wideband TX's range.

I had spoken to zaxcom a while back, and they recommended the camera link go up higher say block 25 or so. 

I know zaxcom are famous for being able to operate a bunch of frequencies within the same block.  Wondering if others are running their bag RX's and camera link on the same blocks?

Any bad experiences or good experience would be very much appreciated.

cheers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamming the camera throughout the day is a total pain. Definitely add an ERX or some kind of lockit box. They're not expensive and are 100% necessary for most shoots that I do.

Good idea, 

The second camera is fine to receive scratch on all the shoots i do,    cam A gets left channel lav's and right channel boom always.    

cheers

I have a QRX100QIFB + cameralink and had to use a loaner QRX100 with no IFB while it was out of action. Made me appreciate the QIFB so much more, very convenient having it all in one package and worth the money and loosing the flexibility of extra talent reciever IMO

Yep having the ability to output time code to the camera from the same box is indispensable for me.

Jack I thought you could send tc from camera link to the qrx 235 via zaxnet while also receiving confidence audio via zaxnet. No?

No you can't - if the 235 is receiving TC via ZaxNet it can't transmit ZaxNet at the same time.

While ZaxNet is a two way system and each ZaxNet enabled product can both send and receive - the unit can only go one direction at a time - so it cant send and receive simultaneously.

Just to reiterate, this set up is possible if the QRX is set to recieve TC via UHF (not via zaxnet)

If it's routed to UHF that would snip one of the audio channels i'm taking?,  so just a mono audio feed via UHF if setup like that

A lot of shoots I do they want it iso,  Boom left or right and the lav on the other,  so just trying to get my head around the best way I can set it up.

either way it's going to be a great rig especially when i'm el solo

If it's routed to UHF that would snip one of the audio channels i'm taking?,  so just a mono audio feed via UHF if setup like that

A lot of shoots I do they want it iso,  Boom left or right and the lav on the other,  so just trying to get my head around the best way I can set it up.

either way it's going to be a great rig especially when i'm el solo

No, you can still have two channels of audio as well as the TC over UHF.

My set up is:

QRX100QIFB set to receive two channels of audio + TC via UHF, IFB set to TX freq 2406. Nomad TX set to 2404. ERX set to voting. Cameralink zaxnet set to receive on 2406, in my setup the cameralink antenna is very close to the Nomad antenna so I usually turn off zaxnet in Nomad if I want to monitor return.

Added bonus is if not using it on camera you can use it as a stand alone IFB TX.