Soundbag Dashboards

Simon Paine

as promised. A couple of pictures of the new blue dashboards.

post-55-0-33493400-1425404609_thumb.jpg

Here is the 633 Dashboard in a Orca OR-30 bag. The blue looks really nice in the bag.

post-55-0-59155500-1425404611_thumb.jpg

Another shot of the dashboard. You'll notice this one has the Audio Root power distro unit. This was a prototype, but it works nicely and we will be introducing a bracket to hold the Audio Root power distro in our next batch of Dashboards.

post-55-0-78060000-1425404613_thumb.jpg

The 664 Dashboard in blue.

post-55-0-72664000-1425404616_thumb.jpg

Here is the 664 Dashboard inside the K-Tek Stingray KSRA2 bag. The blue on blue looks really nice.

post-55-0-33493400-1425404609_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-59155500-1425404611_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-78060000-1425404613_thumb.jpg

post-55-0-72664000-1425404616_thumb.jpg

Good looking setups. I love the direction you are going...

as promised. A couple of pictures of the new blue dashboards.

attachicon.gifBlue 1.jpg

Here is the 633 Dashboard in a Orca OR-30 bag. The blue looks really nice in the bag.

attachicon.gifBlue 2.jpg

Another shot of the dashboard. You'll notice this one has the Audio Root power distro unit. This was a prototype, but it works nicely and we will be introducing a bracket to hold the Audio Root power distro in our next batch of Dashboards.

attachicon.gifBlue 3.jpg

The 664 Dashboard in blue.

attachicon.gifBlue 4.jpg

Here is the 664 Dashboard inside the K-Tek Stingray KSRA2 bag. The blue on blue looks really nice.

Really great looking work Simon!

I also saw the sketches for more wireless and for the 788t on your Facebook page. Really looking forward to continued development of these products, including for the Nomad and Maxx, as well:

I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with re:  UCR411/QRX200, as both can use essentially the same size slide-in holders.

+1

Hi SImon -

On the 633 dashboard, what are the dimensions of the opening for the RA/AudioRoot module? While I see that the AudioRoot DBOX-HRS fits in the pics above,  above you also referred to the Audio Root BG-DU, which is a slightly larger module. 

I ask because going by the specs on their site, the DBox-HR and the eSmart BG-DH MKII ( uses only their battery ) have the same dimensions; the universal ( any battery ) eSmart BG-DU is 20mm wider. 

Anyway, it looks great & I'm putting in an order as soon as I figure this out.

Thx

Hi Petersont,

The opening on the current Soundbag Dashboard will fit the Audio Root VM-Dbox-HRS, the VM-Dbox and the esmart BG-DH mkII. All three of those power distro units use the same extruded aluminium box so they are the same size. I have a bracket coming out that will hold those units in the dashboard opening similar to how the bracket holds a RM unit.

The esmart BG-DU-Reg and the esmart BG-DU are slightly wider and will not fit in this dashboard. These two units are roughly the same size as the 411 receivers (the top dimensions, not the depth). I have a design coming out for a dashboard that uses these power distro units with 411 receivers. Stay tuned for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy to announce Soundbag Dashboards are now available and in stock at Location Sound Corporation in Los Angeles. They have all our current models in stock including the popular 663B model which is currently sold out on the online store.

So if you're curious about the Soundbag Dashboards and want to check them out in person, head down to LSC. 

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to welcome Professional Sound Services as our latest retail partner. They are now stocking Soundbag Dashboards. So if you're in the New York area, stop by the shop to check out for yourself how Soundbag Dashboards can help organize your audio kit.

Or, if you're visiting NAB in the coming week, be sure to stop by the Professional Sound Services booth and check out the Soundbag Dashboards in Vegas.

Hi Billy, yes we have made the newest version of the Soundbag Dashboards that now fit the Wisycom receivers. They are actually at the anodizers as I type, awaiting a bath.

My only concern now, is trying to get them ready for sale/shipping in time before I leave for a month on a project.

The newer versions will be clearly marked that they fit the Wisycoms, and I will be sure to update when they are ready to go.

I just want say to you and everyone else who has contacted me via email or our Facebook page, thanks for the patience. 

Thought I would show you a sneak peek at some of the upcoming Soundbag Dashboard models coming soon.

** Please keep in mind these are pre-production models shown, the metal has not been finished in any way and the production model may vary slightly from what you see here.***

First up is a new model for the 664 mixer.

post-55-0-27985500-1429392442_thumb.jpg

It can hold 5 Lectrosonics 411A receivers and 1 Audio Root power distro unit (E-smart BGT DU and Esmart BG-DU Reg)

We have included slots in between the receiver units so you can wire in antenna distribution and we've included circular indentations next to each receiver to allow you to use the same colour dots to help identify which receiver goes to which fader.

Also, we have some Dashboards coming out for the 788T recorder/mixer.

post-55-0-27790200-1429392378_thumb.jpg

it can accept the Lectro SR receivers and/or Wisycom receivers as well as several different models of power distro units. Including several Audio Root models, the Battery Bud and Remote Audio RM remote.

Checkout the Soundbag Dashboards Facebook page for more pics and info.

Hopefully these should be ready to go in a few weeks.

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone,

Just a quick update from Soundbag Dashboards.

First, I would just like to thank everyone for the support over the last few months. I've just about sold out of all the original run of Dashboards and I've received a ton of feedback with suggestions and ideas. It's been great seeing everyone's setups and getting suggestions for new models.

I'm just putting the last few touches on the new updated model lineup. First big change, all Dashboards will now fit Wisycom receivers. We've also expanded the number of battery distro units the Dashboards will now accept. They can fit Remote Audio RM, Battery Bud and some of the Audio Root models.

Here are some pics we just finished taking for our online store:

new_dash_23.thumb.jpg.ff0cb0be6ad2eaef1cThis is the new model for the 664/668 users. It will hold 6 slot mount receivers for a total of 12 channels of wireless plus your choice of battery distribution units (pictured here with the Audio Root VM model)

new_dash_19.thumb.jpg.1c715defd994e3a0e8

We've added slots in to the 664B model to help with wiring in an antenna distribution system.

new_dash_29.thumb.jpg.e18da2e8053e55f38d

We've added new models for 788T users.

new_dash_3.thumb.jpg.85c1455e7012a5b5915

And even though there has been lots of buzz about the dual channel slot mount receivers, if you've worked any reality TV in the last decade, you know that the 411 is still king. So with that in mind we've come up with a solution for mounting Lectrosonics 411 receivers in to our Dashboards using pre existing mounting points of the 411. Simply remove the four top screws of the 411, remove the bezel, slide the receiver into the Dashboard and screw the original screws back into the 411 through the top surface of the Dashboard. Voila.

new_dash_38.thumb.jpg.20e87453cde97cfc8f

And by far the most popular item has been the 633 model, now called the 633B-V2. It now accepts Wisycom as well as the Lectrosonics SR's.

All of these new models will be up on our online store shortly.

Be sure to follow our Soundbag Dashboard Facebook page for all the updates and we have just recently started an Instagram account, so just search for #soundbagdashboards to find us, or be sure to tag your pictures with #soundbagdashboards so we can see your setups.

Thanks.