Yosemite and BR?

Hi All,

I'm looking to see if anyone is using Boom Recorder after installing OSX Yosemite.

Or for that matter, Wave Agent, Pixnet/Pix 260, Dante Virtual SoundCard, Audacity etc.

Any issues encountered by anyone so far?

Just checking into it before I do the leap.

Thanks,

Scott Harber

Hey, Scott, somewhat surprised you would start another thread regarding Yosemite compatibility. Did you see my post, the reply to Richard Lighstone regarding Dante in your other thread?

Richard - from Audinate site:

OS X 10.10 Yosemite: Dante Compatibility

yosemite.png

OS X 10.10 Yosemite is currently NOT supported by Dante Controller or Dante Virtual Soundcard.

If you upgrade your system to OS X 10.10, these Dante applications will not function correctly.

We will update this page as and when we complete development and testing to implement support for OS X 10.10.

Regarding ProTools:

- from ProTools Expert site

Community member Steven Thompson took his life in his hands and installed the next version of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite on his Mac to see how Pro Tools would perform.

Steven Thompson's initial report:

I am happy to report that my initial test run with OS X 10.10 Yosemite was a success.
Pro Tools opened without a problem. All of my plug-ins seem to be working as they’re intended. The only thing that I’ve noticed is some of the playback engine and hardware settings went awry. Almost as if the .plist file got changed. This, of course, was easily fixed by changing the settings back to what they were pre-Yosemite. It is also possible that these issues were unique to my experience.

This seems very promising since we usually have to wait some time for Avid to approve a new operating system.

I have not checked with Take but I just ran Boom Recorder v. 8.3.1 (don't know if it is the current version) under Yosemite and it seemed to function perfectly. WaveAgent launched and worked properly as well.

The best advice, I believe, is to check with software vendors as Richard suggests --- they are usually well ahead of us since most all have had preview beta copies of new operating systems months before the release to the general public. No harm in asking here as Yosemite has been installed on a whole lot of computers and I'm sure people are doing their own individual testing.

Well I'm a little disappointed in myself too for asking similar but different questions to different sections of this board.

There was an overall question about Yosemite that went to the "All Things Apple" section, and another post about specific software I use that went to the "Recording Directly to computer" section. Crazy to think that there may be folks who don't read JWS top to bottom every day.

I think this embodies some of the issues I have with this site it has kind of stalled out and seems to be more about chronic posters selling themselves and personalities rather than answering questions and sharing info.

Scott Harber

Hey, Scott, somewhat surprised you would start another thread regarding Yosemite compatibility. Did you see my post, the reply to Richard Lighstone regarding Dante in your other thread?

Richard - from Audinate site:

OS X 10.10 Yosemite: Dante Compatibility

yosemite.png

OS X 10.10 Yosemite is currently NOT supported by Dante Controller or Dante Virtual Soundcard.

If you upgrade your system to OS X 10.10, these Dante applications will not function correctly.

We will update this page as and when we complete development and testing to implement support for OS X 10.10.

Regarding ProTools:

- from ProTools Expert site

Community member Steven Thompson took his life in his hands and installed the next version of Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite on his Mac to see how Pro Tools would perform.

Steven Thompson's initial report:

I am happy to report that my initial test run with OS X 10.10 Yosemite was a success.
Pro Tools opened without a problem. All of my plug-ins seem to be working as they’re intended. The only thing that I’ve noticed is some of the playback engine and hardware settings went awry. Almost as if the .plist file got changed. This, of course, was easily fixed by changing the settings back to what they were pre-Yosemite. It is also possible that these issues were unique to my experience.

This seems very promising since we usually have to wait some time for Avid to approve a new operating system.

I think this embodies some of the issues I have with this site it has kind of stalled out and seems to be more about chronic posters selling themselves and personalities rather than answering questions and sharing info.

Not sure what exactly you're referring to, as your two similar yet different questions have been thouroughly answered in both sections, and info has been shared.

And the Senator has approved your question. This would be a "Dear diary" moment for most of us

Scott said: "I think this embodies some of the issues I have with this site it has kind of stalled out and seems to be more about chronic posters selling themselves and personalities rather than answering questions and sharing info."

I understand what you are saying, sort of, and of course there are some issues, but referring to JWSOUND as being "stalled out" seems a little harsh. I would love to find solutions to some of the issues you have alluded to but I don't feel that your observation or criticism leads us in any constructive way towards improvements to our online community.

I do welcome, of course, any structural or functional changes that could benefit us all. I'm all ears, as they say, and open to suggestions.

...and no, banning Senator will not really solve the problems!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So I am into week 2 of work with Yosemite and have found it to be generally solid with a couple of exceptions.

Hangups at this point though are still showing up for me (01v96i/Pix 260i/MacBook Pro via Dante/Boom Recorder) when I either quit or restart BoomRecorder and/or unplug the Dante/ethernet connection. 

Yes, I've updated to Virtual SoundCard 3.7.0 as well as the Dante Controller to 3.5.6.

The solution at this point for the BoomRecorder audio input to the MacBook aspect seems to be to start up Virtual SoundCard, stopping it/turning it off, then starting it back up again and then it shows up on BoomRecorder. The Pixnet info shows up immediately while re-patching and the audio and all other info going from the 01V to the Pix 260 to Pixnet work perfectly. The only hiccup is the audio from the 01v not getting into the laptop via the Dante after a re-patch.

The folks at Audinate should look at this as this didn't pose any problems before the Yosemite and Audinate update.

I'd be curious to hear what others may be experiencing who are using this kind of rig.

Scott Harber

• 3 weeks later...