Canon c300 audio cross phasing ?

GearHead917

Hello, this is my first post but I need some help. I'm on a shoot with a Canon c300 and I am using a lectrosonics srb wireless receiver for my hop. I get an email from the editor telling me that the audio sounds low/bad. I have been sending audio from my talents mic to bothe channels on the c300 camera.

It seems that this is causing a cross phase problem. When you switch from sending audio to chanel one to bothe channels. You'll see the audio levels on the camera drop by half.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I am send it through my 664. You set it to send to bothe the left and right.

Also, I talked to lectrosonics today and they say that you need to have the higher frequency on Ch1 and the lower to Ch2. Which is the reverse of what you do with SRa. They say that this could be the cause. What do you think?

Alright the inside story is that I got new cables and removed the ground on pin one.

*I changed the highest frequency to channel one and the lowest to channel 2.

*I also checked the Frequency chart for inter modulation.

* Also my SRb is also being powered by batteries and not the power distribution on the camera.

The reason being that Hawk wood v mount batter distribution. "notes that it can create a ground loop that causes a hum/buzz or on wireless.

Everything is working fine now.

Thanks for the responses guys.

I really appreciate it!

Abe

• 1 month later...