New 3 channel SD mixer competes with Tascam DR-70

KenMartini

Ken: " It looks like SD is competeing with the new Tascam DR-70 "

it looks to me like you fell for more Internet facts, and fell big (too many martini's..?).

and when confronted with such evidence, did you contact SD to check ?? or did you fan the flames..?

" I will purchase the Tascam DR-70 till something better comes along in that size. "

OMG, the beginning of the end for SD....

Edited by studiomprd

Um, you forgot to add a transport button.

That and SD goes for the T shifter thing for transpo now.  

This idea resulted in the 633.  The 633 is bigger because it does more, has more connectors and thus more i/o, and is tall enough to accommodate L mount batteries.  A 302 runs pretty well on 3 AAs, which a multitrack recorder like 633 would incinerate in an unacceptably short run-time.

p

Ken: " It looks like SD is competeing with the new Tascam DR-70 "

it looks to me like you fell for more Internet facts, and fell big (too many martini's..?).

and when confronted with such evidence, did you contact SD to check ?? or did you fan the flames..?

" I will purchase the Tascam DR-70 till something better comes along in that size. "

OMG, the beginning of the end for SD....

I did not have too many Martini's. I shopped that photo to have some fun with you guys. I also sent it to SD. My next hybrid will include a Coke bottle opener on the side of my 664.

Martini: " I shopped that photo to have some fun with you guys. "

thus becoming a source of Internet mis-information;  great fun.

and with Ken declaring: " I will purchase the Tascam DR-70 till something better comes along in that size. "

beginning the downfall of a successful Minnesota enterprise

Martini: " I shopped that photo to have some fun with you guys. "

thus becoming a source of Internet mis-information;  great fun.

and with Ken declaring: " I will purchase the Tascam DR-70 till something better comes along in that size. "

beginning the downfall of a successful Minnesota enterprise

Tell me who believed it in this group? SD is here to stay, they can handle 100 spoofs. The fact is, I will buy the Tascam DR-70 because there is no other manufacturer producing something like this. I first sent SD the photo and asked them if they had anything like this in the works.

It basically exists, it's called the 633. Remember that a lot of people use the aux inputs in the 302 for a clunky 5 channel mixer. SD gave everyone an extra input on the 633. I'm also sure the 633 is as small as they could make it for a few reasons, current technology limitations and usability being two of them.