Sonosax SX-R4+ and Sonosax SX-AD8+

VASI

oh no, this is not about keeping low profiles, or 'they dont need the sales'. it is about the value of having created something and not letting the information go to the very people who will be using it. 

it's another thing if they go to town about it, the other extreme. 

i'd say their approach is ridiculous, sorry guys, but it pisses me off.  or maybe they are still at it - the drawing boards, which is why they have really not much to offer in terms of info. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New pics (3D renders)!!!

And some additional tidbits:

Mixing Control Surface
Available summer 2015
1100 g / 2,43 lbs
Price: TBA

SX-R4+, 16 Tracks Recorder
Available May 2015
890 g / 1,96 lbs
€ 4'999 / $ 5'499

SX-AD8+, 8 Channels Mic-Pre
Available summer 2015
820 g / 1,80 lbs
Price: TBA

TOTAL
2810 g / 6,19 lbs

That does it, I'm in :-)

I am drooling but only two unbalance out... Because of that and only because of that, I simply can't.

Modern sets requires at least two main balanced out and two Auxes. Without does, I can't do close to 75% of my jobs. Mind you I do half docu and half fiction now.

Such a shame... Jacques, Pierre is it too late? You give me two balance mix out and two aux out ( unbalanced ) and I give a deposit today, and I know at least another guy who would....

Please, pretty please...

Pascal

I am drooling but only two unbalance out... Because of that and only because of that, I simply can't.

Modern sets requires at least two main balanced out and two Auxes. Without does, I can't do close to 75% of my jobs. Mind you I do half docu and half fiction now.

Such a shame... Jacques, Pierre is it too late? You give me two balance mix out and two aux out ( unbalanced ) and I give a deposit today, and I know at least another guy who would....

Please, pretty please...

Pascal

totally agree,I'd rather not to have those two DC out but instead for two pair of TA5 outputs would be really nice... That batt slot takes so much space.....

totally agree,I'd rather not to have those two DC out but instead for two pair of TA5 outputs would be really nice... That batt slot takes so much space.....

i was thinking an optional output board that went in the battery bay might me the way to give O/Ps to those who need it (and will probably/could power their bags from another source). Its the obvious place to put the connectors.

I see a couples of options for additional physical outputs on the machine. The aux out ta3 could be swapped for a ta5 and give 4 unbalanced outs. Also the ta3 AES 7-8 inputs could be used for outputs purposes. The Rj45 "network audio" port could be used in conjunction with an adapter box with multiple outs.

But the questions is... Is the machine setup to handle everything a standard mixer/recorder does? For instance, does it have output limiters? Does it have a mixing buss signal path?

If someone from Sonosax reads this, I believe there is enough people asking those questions. It would be great if we could figure out if it is possible or not.

Thank you

Pascal

i was thinking an optional output board that went in the battery bay might me the way to give O/Ps to those who need it (and will probably/could power their bags from another source). Its the obvious place to put the connectors.

I like the idea ! 

There is no two DC outputs. One input, one output.

Thank you for clarify. Now I noticing the "*" sign.More options for output please,Mr.Sonosax

Cloud,

The Batt slot is the number one reason I like this recorder... It Simplifies the setup in the bag.

I like the battery slot too but if you need output options.

O/p board could include return requirements and be removable (for when you don't need this set-up and want the battery).

Pascal asks the the big question to be answered sooner or later.

Is it confirmed the pots can be be used as post faders for on card mix tracks?

dan

Two balanced outs would seem like a minimum requirement to me (and ideally with a third "aux" output balanced or not).. But I guess they are making a bold statement "This is a recorder.".

I suppose you could buy some sort of external transformer balancing splitter for when you need to send a two track mix to multiple cameras..

Or just bring a traditional, and less expensive, mixer that day...