WM water tight transmitter vent holes

LarryF

The WM transmitter has 5 vent holes arranged in a small circle on the back panel. We had a customer cover the vent holes on about 20 units with a metal plate (label). Seventeen of these units then ruined the membrane switch surface due to internal pressure build up as the units were moved from cool surroundings to much warmer areas. In operation, the units are very airtight except for the vent. It has a Goretex seal that blocks water but passes air. We will mark all future units with engraving on the back plate that says "Don't block this vent".  We put five holes back there because the milling equipment doesn't care and we figured it would be impossible for dirt or gunk to block all the holes.

In sum, don't put labels over the vent holes.

Best Regards,
Larry Fisher
Lectrosonics

Hi Brent,

No vent on the MM400. There is no membrane keypad to lift up. The pressure just builds up until it goes off like a bomb, destroying everything in a 30 foot radius. Fortunately, there have only been two reported cases.

Best Regards,

Larry Fisher

Lectrosonics

Damn, well, make that  3 reported cases then.

I didn't report it 'cause I was storing that MM400 with all my zombie apocalypse gear and wasn't sure exactly what had blown up.

I'll drill holes and tape on some goretex to retrofit my remaining MM's.

Cheers,

Brent Calkin

+ 1.5 !!