Screen protector for SD 633

Mack

How many of you actually use the plastic screen protector while recording with the 633?  I have found that mine doesn't stay on, or I haven't been able to get it snapped into place to stay on.   So far, I have only used it to protect the screen during transport.   Was curious what others have been doing.

I guess I should order another one. 

I tried the phone screen protector approach and found difficult : a- to cut it at the exact dimension, and b- to apply it without any dust bit trapped under. 

I came back to the original plastic protection. At least I can remove it, clean out my sandwich crumbs, and put it back.

I wonder if we can have some spare from Sound Devices. Probably yes.

How many of you actually use the plastic screen protector while recording with the 633?  I have found that mine doesn't stay on, or I haven't been able to get it snapped into place to stay on.   So far, I have only used it to protect the screen during transport.   Was curious what others have been doing.

Where did you order it from?  Usual suspects?

The supplied screen protector worked ok for a while, but developed scratches and iMO did not help with sunlight.

I went with phone protector film and, yes my first try did not go well, but the one I ordered came with three pieces and each can be cut into two. There was also a dust cleaning thing in the package. Once I figued it out, it stayed on and is still staying on. It's anti glare as well and I like it just fine.

I didn't order it....it came with my 633.   I have no idea where to get another one as I haven't seen it on a list of accessories anywhere.   I'll probably call someone Friday, although I am quite intrigued by the phone screen protector route.   

I use the one that came with my 633. I had to look in the box a few times before I found it, I remember. After a year, its getting kind of scratched up, but not bad. I like the fact that it sits above the actual screen, which would seem to give a bit of extra protection from impacts.

I once met a guy that had a broken 633 LCD after traveling with it in a pelicase. He did not use the provided screen protector. I guess a iphone foil woudn't have helped and its also good to protect that corner when travelling. 

Nevertheless the original one is bad for visibility. I even thought of putting an antireflektive foil on that one but did not do it. 

How many of you actually use the plastic screen protector while recording with the 633? I have found that mine doesn't stay on, or I haven't been able to get it snapped into place to stay on. So far, I have only used it to protect the screen during transport. Was curious what others have been doing.

I've been using the stock one all this time without any issues.

• 4 months later...