RF Distribution for 2 Slot Receivers

Matthew Sonnenfeld

Hello,

I am looking for an RF distribution system to use in an Orca 30 with two WisyCom MCR-42 receivers. I love the idea of the PSC Six Pack but obviously don't need the 3 slots. Does anyone know of anything like it that handles two slot receivers? Unfortunately the Lectro Quad Pack does not do RF distribution so that's out.

EDIT: I am looking for something small and unobtrusive. That's why I like the Six Pack so much. Something like a shark fin or the PSC RF Multi would be overkill for me.

Thanks!

Hi Mathew,

I do not know if it would help you or not, but there is a sound mixer who is making a product called "The Dash Board" that is basically a very nice machined mechanical mount.   It is a machined aluminum mounting plate that you bolt your slot receivers to and then it bolts to your SD recorder.   It does not contain any electronics, RF or Power distribution, just a nice way of mounting the slot receivers.   I am sorry I do not have a link to their website, but I am sure someone here will chime in with their contact information.

best regards

Ron Meyer

PSC

I don't think any manufacturers make an RF distro that does active splitting to only two dual receivers. Typically the RF distro is really useful when your are dealing with 3+ receivers, and you need to make up for the insertion loss from splitting to so many receivers.

I second Constantin's suggestion of just using a pair of 2-way passive splitters, as the insertion loss would be very minimal (theoretically 3dB). Perhaps if you get into the Sound Dashboards that Ron is recommending, you can DIY to include the splitters.

I've got the Audio Ltd distribution amplifier, there's an option for DB25 plates to be added to the base.  Only place I've seen it is this video, though:
http://vimeopro.com/ipstv/ipstv-at-ibc-2013/video/74497300

Something which should be possible is to just screw on the 'camera bracket' bits from the wisycoms and use them like the dashboard, except you've got a fixed connector at the bottom

Thanks all for your suggestions!

I don't think the dashboard will work very well for me as it looks like it takes a fair bit of space in the Orca bag.

Could you please point me to the antenna splitters that you would recommend? Could you explain the setup? Never done it this was before.

Thanks!

AKG distributes the Mini Circuits as well. Just google them. They are so very simple to use, that you won't need any help. You can use them as both a splitter and a combiner, by the way.

Sennheiser is another company that has splitters. They are a bit cheaper (you can get them as a whole pack with other things), but they are block specific, which may or may not be a good thing.

I have 2 x ZFSC-2-1 and 2 x ZFSC-4-1 for sale if you are interested. These are the Mini-Circuits units that Lectrosonics recommends.

Thanks again to everyone!

Constantin, thanks for the info! Being block specific may be a bit of an issue though so probably not sennheiser.

Nate, that's good to know about the RF Multi and how it fits in the Orca!