Neoprene pouches for tx

chrisyking

I was thinking of getting some little neoprene pouches for my new and very expensive wisycom TX's to protect them.

I was wondering if anyone can think of anything about the same size I might be able to get pouches for on ebay. This would make it quite cheap. I thought of phones, but they seem to be the wrong size/shape.

Any ideas?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CK: Neopax has already been mentioned, and you can check with the dealer who sold you the units for their ideas, and eBay is a big place to have fun... also, Amazon...

and BTW, there have been previous discussions of pouches on here....

Google, first search term is jwsoundgroup.net, and... (you can figure the rest out!)

... a slightly modified K-Tek KWP pouch maybe ?

I was just going to ask if you wanted a transmitter version of the KWP. I think even a modified version of the current KWP might be a little bulky since we didn't even think about concealment in the design since it is for wireless receivers, but we can certainly look into making something specifically for transmitters that would be easier to hide. 

In my experience I have found that all pouches and the like sized for Sennheiser G3's fit WisyCom TX's perfectly. I have been using the neoprene pouches linked to below for the last 3 months or so and I have been very happy with them;

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/998114-REG/wireless_mic_belts_sn_g3_bp_b_belt_pack_for_sennheiser.html

You can get them alone as the pouches and they also have velcro belts in various sizes and matching colors. What's especially nice about these pouches though is that they have their own belt loop so often times you don't need anything else.

Looking a little more on the web I realized it's really easy to find appropriate neoprene pouches for 6-10 bucks. Usually camera pouches. They don't have velcro or loops, usually, though, so again a little customizing is to take into account going this way.

EDIT:

...well, this one might fit nicely :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/746407-REG/Nikon_11387_S_Series_Fabric_Case.html

This would fit a little more loose, but no attachment :

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1062454-REG/oyen_digital_dl_53_bk_dl_53_soft_neoprene_portable.html

• 3 weeks later...