Movie Slate question

Jeff Wexler

For those using Movie Slate for sound reports, what do you do when there is no viable WiFi network to email the .pdf sound report? I have worked out a few ways of file transfers and so forth, and obviously if someone needs a report emailed to them they may just have to wait until email is possible.

If a printer is available I know there are ways to print directly from the iPad I've just never tried it myself.

Sorry, I actually stated my question incorrectly by only mentioning WiFi. I have a hot spot, I have an iPhone, my iPad is on the network. What I really meant to say is when there is NO network available, WiFi, cellular, etc. (no cellular service from any carrier out in the sticks), what are the various ways you could get the .pdf report out of the iPad and to a printer, for example. 

I haven't tried this, and can't until tomorrow cause I don't have a USB cable for my ipad with me, but you might be able to retrieve the sound report through iTunes file sharing.  In the MS settings, check "Email & Archive", this way a zipped sound report is saved to your ipad.  Then iTunes should be able to copy that zip file onto a computer, which would allow you to distribute it digitally to production, print it, copy to a usb stick, etc.

I can test it tomorrow after I wrap.

Hi Jeff,  When I first got Movie Slate, I thought that would be required, and I bought an Air Print printer.  That's when I learned that all Air Print printers aren't created equally.  The first one required being connected to a net with WiFi, and I couldn't print directly to the printer from the iPad without both being on a network.  This was not what I'd expected, and the next weekend when I got off work, I took my iPad to Best Buy and found one I could print to directly.  I ended up with an HP ENVY 4500.

Best Wishes.