Jwsound latin?

patoggt

Jeff i have to tell you rigth now that your site is perfect and i love it. Maybe i m going a little over my head, but had to ask, have you ever thought of making a jwsound for people who speak spanish? I m just asking this because maybe we could have a more "localized" section?

I know that if each one of us starts asking for you to open a section of our language, you would drive crazy. But cant help to think that more often than not, i feel i know more terms of sound in English than my own language. Also feel i know more sound people from the states than from around South America.

Our reality is quite different, and some topics would be more representative.

I just was thinking because i belong to the Latin American AES and had beautiful experiences with other soundies. The thing about the AES here is that almost everyone is working in the music department.

Just a thought.

Cheers!

There is a groups section here, which is ideal for such a purpose. I think there is a german group already, but it's not very lively 

Thanx Constantin.

In the under-utilized GROUPS section there is a group called "Foreign Language Discussions" which was set up in an effort to accommodate the sort of thing you are suggesting. Maybe you could look into it and see if it might be helpful.

Thanx Jeff. It´s a little hidden. Here I found an old post where you explain how to join the group, may help people like me in the future.

ramallo, on 02 Jun 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

snapback.png

I will answer you in galician   ;D

Why I can't see this group?   :mellow:

You have to go to the tab "groups" and you will see the groups that we have. Click on the group and it will say you don't have permission or whatever but there will be a "Join Group" button in the upper right hand corner. Once joined, the group will behave just like the rest of the forum.

Create your own.

Jon with my biggest respect, do you think that your blog: http://jon-gilbert-sound-recordist.blogspot.com has the same input or attention that jwsoundgrup ? I asked Jeff because i know how hard is to gather a great amount of people into a forum, and i m sure we have a good amount of spanish speakers in here. As is the case, they already have made this.

Cheers!

Gabriel, also with the greatest respect, I meant create a group on here, or Facebook where there are a multitude of sound based groups, if you want it, and no one else is offering it, get off your arse and do it. Not sure why comparing my blog with a group or forum is particularly relevant or helpful either.

Jon do you know any good groups in Facebook? Lately i joined a few but i dont think they where any good. I was about to ask someone in here if the could give me an input on some good groups. Even tho i use Facebook a long time, i am new in this world. And i did the jwsound search on google but couldnt find anything in this topic. 

Cheers!

Jeff i have to tell you rigth now that your site is perfect and i love it. Maybe i m going a little over my head, but had to ask, have you ever thought of making a jwsound for people who speak spanish? I m just asking this because maybe we could have a more "localized" section?

I know that if each one of us starts asking for you to open a section of our language, you would drive crazy. But cant help to think that more often than not, i feel i know more terms of sound in English than my own language. Also feel i know more sound people from the states than from around South America.

Our reality is quite different, and some topics would be more representative.

I just was thinking because i belong to the Latin American AES and had beautiful experiences with other soundies. The thing about the AES here is that almost everyone is working in the music department.

Just a thought.

Cheers!

Hola Gabriel,

En este foro hay mucha gente con el Castellano como primer idioma, pero como has podido comprobar en "Foreign Language Discussions" no hay mucho movimiento.

Yo estoy en el AES en España.

Un saludo

Suso

Hi Gabriel,

This forum have a lot of people with the Castilian as his native language, but as you can see, "Foreign Language Discussions" haven't a lot of movement.

I'm in the AES Spain section.

Regards
Suso

Suso hola! Acabo de escribir en el "Foreign Language Discussions". Tratemos de moverlo y ver que pasa, quizas ya lo trataron de hacer antes y no funciono. De no funcionar podriamos buscar una nueva solucion. Pero agotemos este recurso antes! Los foros que he visto en español no son muy buenos, ni con fuentes confiables. Por eso creo que la respuesta tiene que estar dentro de los usuarios de habla hispana en jwsound.

Abrazo!

Jwsound strong point is the overseas point of view over our jobs and it is obviously in English, the most spoken language over the world.
Maybe you can create a south american or Spanish sound guild. We have done it in France, we organise plenty meetings and a website (afsi.eu) we have also a good place to post in French (sounddesigners.com).

VM i agree with you! Si vouz avez fait une page en Frence s est magnifique (hope my french its not horrible! long time i dont speak it) I would pretty much have something similar here in South America. We recently fought in Uruguay to make a guild for sound, but its mostly for live sound. I just thought that this place is a good starting point!

Sante!