Audio recording on hollywood movies

Michal Bronec

(Sorry for my english) I wonder what is the audio recording workflow on professional (for example hollywood) movies. I shoot only lowbudget amateur movies, so I dont know anything about it. I suppose every actor has hidden lavalier mic and tranmitter under his clothes and there is probably also a boom operator which records ambient sound and everything goes wirelessly into a some kind of a audio mixer and the recorded sound is then synced with the image in postproduction. Am I right? What kind of mics, wireless systems and recorders are industry standarts. Can somebody tell me more about this? Is there some article about this? Thanks for any information!

Could you give mi link to some of these topics. I am new here :)

Few people here, even those who have been here a really long time, do not have the link to every suitable topic for any given question. That's why this site has a search function (which, btw, works fine for me) and there is also this thing called "Google" (yes, I do have a link for you: http://www.google.com), which is probably how you found this site in the first place

Few people here, even those who have been here a really long time, do not have the link to every suitable topic for any given question. That's why this site has a search function (which, btw, works fine for me) and there is also this thing called "Google" (yes, I do have a link for you: http://www.google.com), which is probably how you found this site in the first place

Hey Constantin no need to be ironic. I recently began to use this site, and it took me quite a few threads and comments to know how it works. I recomend using the google search with "jwsoundgroup.net" first and then what you are looking for.

Michal dont post a thread each time you have a question. First take your time to make a search. This forum dates way back, so you can imagine that all this basic questions have already been answered. Also you can imagine how anoying is to the people who belongs here to hear the same questions all the time...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I must say that if the OP hadn't been asked RPSharman wouldn't have posted the link to the very interesting interview with Mark Weingarten.

Repetitive, basic, nubee questions can be a bit tedious at times but can result in little gems of info.

Thanks for the link Mr Sharman. 

Most all of the top Pro sound dudes try to use a boom to get the best sound----and have the actors wired as well for multi-camera shoots,which is the way most features are shot now.

J.D.

I must say that if the OP hadn't been asked RPSharman wouldn't have posted the link to the very interesting interview with Mark Weingarten.

Repetitive, basic, nubee questions can be a bit tedious at times but can result in little gems of info.

Thanks for the link Mr Sharman. 

Of course, the video was great and just to be sure: I do not mind newbie questions at all, in fact I have defended them frequently in other threads.

However, it does depend on how the question is asked. This is not the usual "what's the best mic" kind of question. While those can be tedious, too, they can be answered in some way. This question was way too broad, though. "Tell me everything you know, or at least tell me where I can find out everything about the job you spent years honing and learning".

Anyway, the OP was really asking how to use the internet. And to that end I answered his question, without irony.

It's just common decency when you arrive somewhere new, to get accustomed to how it all works here, and to do some searching first. I am reading in various other forums, too, such as the one about my car, where I would absolutely consider myself a newbie. Before I would ever dare ask a question that has been asked hundreds of times, I would make sure that I thoroughly searched that forum trying to find my info without bothering someone else. And when I do eventually post my question, I would never dream of asking "Tell me everything you know about how a car works. Is it true there is an engine in there somewhere? If you don't want to answer this, please provide a link where I can find this information" ... oh, I forgot: "Maybe you'll feel happier to respond if I add this :) "