EX3 recording 24p but my 633 says it is receiving 29.97

Mark Bolding

I have had my 633 for just a couple of weeks now and I ran into a strange situation today. I was on a shoot with 3 EX3's all jammed to 23.98 and I took the main camera's tc output after putting my 633 into 23.98 Ext. TC cont. when I went to jam, the menu shows I am receiving 29.97 and recording 23.98. So all day my display is flashing between the 2. I remained hooked up all day hoping this will minimize problems in post. The only thing I can figure is it is a function of the Sony system recording 24p as PSF which is some sort of interlaced hoo ha. When you punch between SDI inputs on my Panasonic 17" monitor it always shows 59.94 as the source even when shooting 24P. I think now I should have just fed the cameras my tc output and I will try that tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone has encountered this as well?  I did find some old thread about poor jamming on EX3's in general but not this specific problem. This is my first  post as a new member and I am finding the forum to be a great resource.

Thank You

Mark Bolding

hi and welcome MB: " I ran into a strange situation today "

not really.

" recording 24p "

24P is not a SMPTE TC...(not any kind of TC)

" shows 59.94 as the source even when shooting 24P "

same for 59.94!!

" Just wondering if anyone has encountered this as well?...  this specific problem "

encountered what (specific problem), exactly ?

24P ? 59.94..?

as JB said, above...