Hide a user

480sound

Hmm, works just fine for me. This site is a whole different experience when you ignore the trolls. 

I signed in, went to Manage Ignore Prefs, put in the members name, selected ignore posts, signature and messenger, saved the changes. The Members name is there with Hide under each selection but I still see him all over the board. Is he the moderator of the JWSound so you can't get rid of him?

There is no "moderator" on the site. I am the only one who moderates with regard to banning members, deleting posts, fixing technical issues (I'm the whole support department too), warning those who misbehave and so forth. I don't really know how the "Ignore" features work because I have never tried them. I have to see and read EVERYTHING, that's my job. I will look into the functioning of the various filters and blocking procedures that members can use but I'm not making any promises. I will add, I am not going to be "getting rid of" anyone on the site, that is not my policy, so you may be left with selectively ignoring the things that you do not wish to see.

I signed in, went to Manage Ignore Prefs, put in the members name, selected ignore posts, signature and messenger, saved the changes. The Members name is there with Hide under each selection but I still see him all over the board. Is he the moderator of the JWSound so you can't get rid of him?

You will still see "him" all over the board and on the main page. There's no way around that. The only thing this feature does is prevent you from seeing any of his replies to threads or when someone, that you haven't blocked, has quoted him. Just take satisfaction in knowing that this person most likely thrives on saying things to elicit a response from you. If you break that cycle by not feeding into that then you may just be better off. 

I think a more powerful feature is being able to block users from seeing your posts. However, I'm sure this would be abused and defeats the purpose of an open forum. Jeff has been gracious enough to extend an open invitation to anyone who wishes to visit his "house". So, I guess it's really up to him what the house rules are since we are ALL just guests. 

Anyone using Tapatalk should know that Tapatalk takes over the site and runs it through their servers and then delivers the site to your mobile device. I don't use Tapatalk for that reason but I have provided it for our members who really like it. There are several features and functions that are lost when using Tapatalk but that seems to be acceptable for our Tapatalk users. 

[snip]

There are several features and functions that are lost when using Tapatalk but that seems to be acceptable for our Tapatalk users. 

I use a desktop browser 90% of the time and Tapatalk at the gym or at lunch. I'm ashamed to admit, I'm a JWS Junkie (caps intended). Without Tapatalk, there would be large holes in my life.

Larry F