Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

• 3 weeks later...

But the question still remains, can the new R4+ mix?

I'm fairly sure from Pierre's response above that's a yes, something I'm not so sure about is whether it'll be possible with the AES inputs or not. It's digital mixing (like the 788 and 633), though

I was fully expecting only unbalanced outs, which does rule it out from straight to camera jobs.

"Metadatas management through the TFT colour touch screen or by smart phones or tablets through integrated WiFi" 

This seems interesting, wondering whether this could integrate with TCB or Ambient's logging systems in the future?  I hope there's a "notes" field this time :)

I am hanging by a thread ( this one at least ). Been waiting for this machine for a while. I put money aside for it.

BUT, if it only handles outputs the way it's predecessor did, I might not be see eager to get one. I personally need at least a pair of stereo out line level and two aux sends ( one Comtek and one for a boom op. Anything less and it might not work for me since it would alter the way I work significantly.

Really really hoping for it....