Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

Erkal,

I'd say it's clear now that it's not designed as a bag mixer/recorder, but for the cart.

Pity..

Grant.

Think the R4+ as a modular device. If you need more, add a module.

It's a great docu machine but you can still expand it to your needs.

The new battery power is also great and put inside the body of the R4+. I use those bats with my old R4 and run it in MS for a whole 12h day with 1 49wh batt.

Pat

Think the R4+ as a modular device. If you need more, add a module.

It's a great docu machine but you can still expand it to your needs.

The new battery power is also great and put inside the body of the R4+. I use those bats with my old R4 and run it in MS for a whole 12h day with 1 49wh batt.

Pat

The fact that its either 6 or 12 channels is very convenient indeed. I am not sure who would need 12 channels attached to their chest but definitely is perfect as a small cart mixer.

But as a bag mixer myself, still wish that 5-6 are not left out as suggested because that leaves it in an awkward position where its just not enough and 12 channels are just too many, so engaudio is probably right...

I apologies for editing and font sizes but I have no time to spare to get the video right:

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xaSDv1vU8Ug" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey thanks a lot Rado! Much appreciated man, finally something other than a photo!

2 outputs really is bad news but I hope its not certain. 

A very nice looking unit overall. Add a slate mic and boom op out would be nice but not necessary for me as I would be feeding it from ST8D. If the Dante ouput works, I would feed Boom Recorder. I hope the config and data is easy to set up via WIFI and easy to change. 

So this is the only avenue for extra outputs - as has been mentioned. That's fine with me but I think Sonosax should offer something at the same time the sxr4+ is released for purchase even if it is from another manufacturer.

So far, it's been discussed earlier in this thread, the solutions are really thin for more outputs.

1- replacing the rj45 ( Dante ) with an output connector. In my mind that would be bad, Dante is amazing to have.

2- replacing the ta3 output connector with a ta5 for a total 4 unbalanced output. Not ideal, but a start.

3- using the AES output in the multi pin aes connector with another module ( to convert to analog ). Problem is that the unit doesn't seem to have any provision in the software to create more outs, acces or mixes.

4- I believe there is an AES Input connector on the side of the Input. Replacing it with an output connector instead.

So far, it's been discussed earlier in this thread, the solutions are really thin for more outputs.

1- replacing the rj45 ( Dante ) with an output connector. In my mind that would be bad, Dante is amazing to have.

2- replacing the ta3 output connector with a ta5 for a total 4 unbalanced output. Not ideal, but a start.

3- using the AES output in the multi pin aes connector with another module ( to convert to analog ). Problem is that the unit doesn't seem to have any provision in the software to create more outs, acces or mixes.

4- I believe there is an AES Input connector on the side of the Input. Replacing it with an output connector instead.

So lets not be fooled by the small size, it certainly is not designed for bag use.

Unless Sonosax decides to build a bag mixer like the M32 but with more channels which can also utilize all the features of the R4+, now that would be wonderful! :)