Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

Thank you Richard.

I hope the second set of outputs is not just a clone of the first one.

As far as the rs422 goes, what I am looking for is a few more knob controllers. If it is possible to have a linear faders controller it should be possible to have knob controller for use in a bag.

My usual setup will be 6-8 aes receivers.

Another 2-4 knobs will be a welcome addition.

A slate or com buttons is what will complete this recorder. But I might come up with a workaround.

Regardless I put s deposit and am very excited to enter the Sonosax world.Latelly I have been working on a lot of high end documentaries and scripted so the sx-r4+ will be a perfect match.

It seems to be like the original setup, but instead of switching to AES out, the AES out has been moved to the AUX AES input connector on the other side and switches between AES in and out.  Looking at the block diagram if you're running this it'd be channels 9 and 10 of AES you wouldn't get.

If you want balanced analogue you'd still need an additional DAC.  This would be fine for running to an F55/Amira on a cable or using a Zaxcom camera link, though.

This might be a bit smaller than the AJA box:

http://www.tnpbroadcast.co.uk/i-o-devices-converters-c167/converters-c26/dtl-broadcast-4610-miniblox-aes-to-analogue-stereo-audio-dac-p1892

https://scontent-5.22773.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos

-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/11041187_10206698215753935_4949901831267753371_n.jpg?oh=77a6eda55254bac74693fac64f30f4cc&oe=55FAC4B5I know it is not likely to happen but something like this can really complete this recorder.

Totally agree.

Could really do with some Solo buttons by the knobs as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a new all-in-one device coming out from a company none of us have heard of. The RadoMix mk.I will have an integrated Multi-Receiver module (patent pending) that can receive up to 12 transmitters from Lectrosonics, Zaxcom, Wysicom, Sennhesier and Audio, Ltd. at any frequency over 8 blocks. It comes standard with a user-configurable hardware surface with only 4 knobs --- software command from any mobile device (iOS, Android and Windows Mobile) provides for additional knobs and switches to appear on the faceplate, with each addition the knobs re-size themselves to properly fill the space. Of course, each knob and switch can perform any function the user chooses from a list of factory defaults and future firmware updates will allow the user to assign any function they may find they need for a specific job. Speaking into the built-in comm mic, metadata is generated using speech-to-text with the text inserted in the file and distributed simultaneously via built in Wi-Fi network (RadoNet, patent pending) to any and all devices on the network.   

There is a new all-in-one device coming out from a company none of us have heard of. The RadoMix mk.I will have an integrated Multi-Receiver module (patent pending) that can receive up to 12 transmitters from Lectrosonics, Zaxcom, Wysicom, Sennhesier and Audio, Ltd. at any frequency over 8 blocks. It comes standard with a user-configurable hardware surface with only 4 knobs --- software command from any mobile device (iOS, Android and Windows Mobile) provides for additional knobs and switches to appear on the faceplate, with each addition the knobs re-size themselves to properly fill the space. Of course, each knob and switch can perform any function the user chooses from a list of factory defaults and future firmware updates will allow the user to assign any function they may find they need for a specific job. Speaking into the built-in comm mic, metadata is generated using speech-to-text with the text inserted in the file and distributed simultaneously via built in Wi-Fi network (RadoNet, patent pending) to any and all devices on the network.

Joke aside I have some friends working on a 8 channel recorder AES in and out 2 analog in 4 analog out with ambient wireless and wireless control from any device. It is in very early stages.

Yeah I mean we usually need the TC Buddy anyways. I wonder if this will also sync through the same wifi without needing another one attached to it? Is that a little far fetched? 

I've just been on the Zaxcom site and seen that the new Oasis has a wifi controller which will interface directly with Movieslate 8.  Can't see any reason why this won't be able to either

The SX62r has the buttons already.

SX62R_screen_hd.jpg

I got a very good offer to buy the SX62R but it is way too heavy for me...

This is what Swiss TV use for their docu work. It's 2.2 kg. I don't know if this is to heavy as I use the R4. But I'm not a sound ingeneer and I use the R4 for a lightweight docu recorder. The 62R is actually smaller as how it looks in the picture.

Hi these grassvalley are same as Miranda picolink I bought one a/d for my Maxx but it spews out rf killing my receivers , I'd test before buying, I paid £600 and disappointed performance wise it's great tho..Richard

Thanks Richard- that's very good to know.  Shame as they seem to be the smallest DACs I've seen

Hi these grassvalley are same as Miranda picolink I bought one a/d for my Maxx but it spews out rf killing my receivers , I'd test before buying, I paid £600 and disappointed performance wise it's great tho..Richard

When using with the rx4+ for O/Ps why not put this on the camera and use a lighter cable set up for the link? EG. a balanced stereo cable will give 2 channels of AES and a stereo return or even basic XLR for just the AES.

When using with the rx4+ for O/Ps why not put this on the camera and use a lighter cable set up for the link? EG. a balanced stereo cable will give 2 channels of AES and a stereo return or even basic XLR for just the AES.

I quite like the idea of that, although you still need to power it.  It's a 5V supply too, maybe a USB backup phone battery type thing would work?  Some of the PoE Dante boxes could be also work like this (and wouldn't need another power source), although they're bigger