Sonosax SX-R4+

pvanstry

11 minutes ago, VAS said:

Firmware 3.3

- Current playback: Choose the file - switch play - you hear the file. To exit from playback, you have to go into menu and press "exit from playback". Is there a shortcut or something else to make this routine disappear?

Hit play and the file list pops up. That's one step into the menu less. :)

On 1/28/2019 at 11:03 PM, jbuerjes said:

Hit play and the file list pops up. That's one step into the menu less. :)

Hi Jule,

Yeap, that's the way we go to playback mode. To exit from playback mode we have to hit the touchscreen and choose "exit from playback"; that's the problem.

PS. Mic preamp and headphone amp from this little machine is amazing.

On 1/29/2019 at 4:49 AM, VAS said:

Firmware 3.3

- Current playback: Choose the file - switch play - you hear the file. To exit from playback, you have to go into menu and press "exit from playback". Is there a shortcut or something else to make this routine disappear?

In "Rec-ready" mode, toggle the play/rec switch to the left (play) will bring you to file list to choose the track you want to playback.

To exit playback mode, toggle the play/ record switch to the right (rec) to return to red-ready mode. 

Hope it helps

• 2 weeks later...

After reaching out to Sonosax again, I've heard back that they've been able to replicate the issue under some conditions. The case has been sent to the hardware engineer, who is quite busy these days/months, presumably with the new preamp/AD. 

It seems like I'm the only individual who has run up against this, but I'll report back once Sonosax has concluded their investigation. 

• 3 weeks later...

Sonosax comes through!

After looking into this issue, It turns out that the peak occurs due to an odd interaction with a non-stock, modified mike body I've been using. The standard stock body of the microphone presents no such problem.  

Thanks to the Sonosax team for looking into this.  

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Good news for DANTE users.

The Dante option: announced, postponed, long awaited, it arrives this time for good. Our card now operates according to the criteria we had defined, particularly in terms of consumption. Powered by PoE, it is the least energy consuming on the market and will therefore not shorten the autonomy of your batteries too much. You will be able to connect the multi-channel interface to your SX-AD8+ before the end of the year. The SX-R4+ will have to wait until early 2020 to click its RJ45.

https://www.sonosax.ch/sononews-september-2019/

Hi there,

I have the SX-R4+ in my wish list, I read all I could find in terms of manuals and few videos on youtube 

I know nobody in Rome that has one and apparently no dealers or rentals around.

What I'm missing are some details about the O/P card 

It adds 4 aes O/P or 2 balanced O/P or 4 unbalanced but:

are those O/P independent from the ones already there? How can I assign them? couldn't find anything online

Once installed will I find in the routing menu all these options?

How are set the various options? meaning the 4 aes or the 2 balanced or the 4 unbal, it's a menu option or like a dip switch on the card?

Thanks

21 hours ago, gv970 said:

Hi there,

I have the SX-R4+ in my wish list, I read all I could find in terms of manuals and few videos on youtube 

I know nobody in Rome that has one and apparently no dealers or rentals around.

What I'm missing are some details about the O/P card 

It adds 4 aes O/P or 2 balanced O/P or 4 unbalanced but:

are those O/P independent from the ones already there? How can I assign them? couldn't find anything online

Once installed will I find in the routing menu all these options?

How are set the various options? meaning the 4 aes or the 2 balanced or the 4 unbal, it's a menu option or like a dip switch on the card?

Thanks

Hi, here are our answers:

"are those O/P independent from the ones already there?"

"Once installed will I find in the routing menu all these options?"

Yes. The output menu is where you can configure the option outs. See https://www.sonosax.ch/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/audio_outputs.svg

"How can I assign them?"

The same way you assign any output, monitor out or even mix. See https://www.sonosax.ch/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/monitoring.svg

"How are set the various options? for the next steps.meaning the 4 aes or the 2 balanced or the 4 unbal, it's a menu option or like a dip switch on the card?"

All configuration is done in the user interface (touch screen). The configuration is done for each output pairs (OPTION 1-2 and 3-4). For 1-2, you can choose BALANCED, UNBALANCED or AES. If you choose BALANCED, OPTION 3-4 is not available. Otherwise, OPTION 3-4 can be configured as UNBALANCED or AES.

The block diagram on the option card product page can give you a good idea of that option: https://www.sonosax.ch/product/024281/

Please feel free to contact us for the next steps. https://www.sonosax.ch/contact/

Hello,

Here the answer of my engineers:

Yes. The output menu is where you can configure the option outs. See
audio_outputs.svg

"How can I assign them?"
The same way you assign any output, monitor out or even mix. See
monitoring.svg

"How are set the various options? meaning the 4 aes or the 2 balanced or the 4 unbal, it's a menu option or like a dip switch on the card?"
All configuration is done in the user interface (touch screen). The configuration is done for each output pairs (OPTION 1-2 and 3-4). For 1-2, you can choose BALANCED, UNBALANCED or AES. If you choose BALANCED, OPTION 3-4 is not available. Otherwise, OPTION 3-4 can be configured as UNBALANCED or AES.

The block diagram on the option card product page can give you a good idea of that option:

If you need more infos, you can contact: sonosax@sonosax.ch

Best,

Jacques

11 hours ago, JAX said:

Hello,

Here the answer of my engineers:

Yes. The output menu is where you can configure the option outs. See
audio_outputs.svg

"How can I assign them?"
The same way you assign any output, monitor out or even mix. See
monitoring.svg

"How are set the various options? meaning the 4 aes or the 2 balanced or the 4 unbal, it's a menu option or like a dip switch on the card?"

The block diagram on the option card product page can give you a good idea of that option:

If you need more infos, you can contact: sonosax@sonosax.ch

Best,

Jacques

I couldn't wait for a better answer!!! Thanks very much to Mister Sax and his engineers

And absolutely great that the SX-R4+ works as I was expecting.

It will be mine!

cheers

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, DanieldH said:

Sonosax announced a not so super- but minislot module

RX8_R4_HAND_DSC00466-768x513.jpg

https://www.sonosax.ch/sononews-april-2021/

Seems slick, I like the boxiness yet functionality of it.  Kind of a bummer it doesn't have an antenna distro though.  I do like whatever those heavy duty sma antennas they are using on the SRb though.  I wonder where they got those from as I'd be interested a few of those myself!

On 4/22/2021 at 8:51 PM, Patrick Tresch said:

Jacques told me (…) He also opted not to use the superslot system mainly for size and weight reasons. They worked on the mechanics to make it user friendly.

How will the receivers be connected to the recorder? Is there a D-sub port inside or just nothing and you need to use some cable like this:

https://www.sonosax.ch/product/002357/

6 hours ago, docsound said:

Thank you!

But I mean how the receivers will be connected inside the RX8? D-sub?

On the video Patrick posted, you can see briefly how Jacques inserts an A10 RX with what should be the DB25 Panasonic/Ikegami style connection.