Jeff--how do I correct my listing in the new members section?

Philip Perkins

Let me check on this. It is quite possible that I screwed it up and the direction that I gave Philip does not work. I will have to investigate. Often it is difficult for me to determine how things actually work for everyone because I am usually signed in as the Administrator. For now, keep on posing in the "Where I am" thread and I will work this out. Also, I am looking into ways to have a real functioning directory here (but at this point it is a little beyond my knowledge and capabilities).

-  Jeff Wexler

It should all work as planned now. Go to Members board, click on Members Directory, Modify should appear to the right of Quote (in the upper right hand corner). Click Modify, edit what you need to (being careful not to edit someone else --- you are able rto edit the whole document), then SAVE.

-  Jeff Wexler

This does work now, thanks. Note to others, this is the jwsound.net > Main Board > Members > Topic: Member Directory, not the "Members" tab at the top.

Question - Do you want us to put our names at the top, end, or alphabetize it?

I think it would be a big help if there was someway to break it down by location, i.e. state/country/planet, etc.

Eric

This does work now, thanks. Note to others, this is the jwsound.net > Main Board > Members > Topic: Member Directory, not the "Members" tab at the top.

Question - Do you want us to put our names at the top, end, or alphabetize it?

Thank you for clarifying. What you and Eric are requesting and/or suggesting, really falls into the category of a real directory with categories, search capabilities and so on. I would love to do this but I am not proficient enough at this point to implement such a thing within this forum. For now, I think people should just add their info, as much or as little as they want, at either the top of the list or the bottom. I don't think it is even possible, easily, to alphabetize, except by a manual reorganization which is no fun at all.

So, carry on for the time being as I investigate what we can do.

Thanks for hanging in there.

-  Jeff Wexler