Cinela pianissimo & rycote photos

engaudio

Now the proud owner of a cinela pianissimo, thought others may be interested to see a comparison with rycote windshields. FWIW, the cinela pianissimo is roughly the same size as the rycote AE stereo windshield. Will report on performance in the next few weeks as I only picked it up yesterday!

More info from cinela here:

http://www.cinela.fr/pianissimo.php

Pictured: old style 416 rycote , stereo AE, pianissimo mkh m/s (with top cover off) & mkh50 w/bb gag

post-216-0-73461800-1418250855_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Christen,

It's more so I can see what mic it's loaded with in a hurry. My mkh40 always has an orange foamy, more for quick ID then anything else.

My cinela has a m/s mount as when I'm not recording for picture I'm in the bush nature recording..

I could never boom with a m/s mount as it was always too noisy with my previous system, but now no problem as long as I don't do wild swings! I'm one VERY happy user of the cinela pianissimo with an m/s rig.

With the 30 on the bottom and a 40/50 on top there is a lot of room. No foamies of course.

Before I put my mics inside the pianissimo I thought It looked a bit cramped, but in reality it's not an issue.

If you look at my photo at the top of the post you'll see that the windshield is the same size (more or less) as a stereo AE rycote.

The mount is the cinela mkh M/S as supplied when ordered specifically.

My lady often asks if the racoon is coming when we go camping, with the two tone long fur (around 3 inches) it looks a bit funny..

post-216-0-35878000-1423689156_thumb.jpg

Glen, yes the mkh30 is on top.

It seemd to fit in the mount better. (or maybe I was too excited to try out the windshield)

No difference in the audio or the mount movement.

Grant.

edit:

I failed to mention the mount came wired with ch1 on the bottom, 2 on the top..